Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jennybee1984 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2012, 01:57 PM
    I need help losing weight
    OK.. my name is blaire and I'm 27.. I've been trying to maintain my body at a healthy weight.. but its really hard.. I've cut out sodas awhile back and that has helped.. but while I've lost a little bit.. I'm at the highest I've ever been.. I've always eaten small meals and its really hard for me to finish one meal at one sitting.. I mainly drunk water or juice.. but I can't seem to lose much more weight other than a couple of pounds.. I would like to be a healthy weight.. not skinny but healthy.. I walk all the time and usually very fast.. any tips would be welcome.. thank you
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
    Have you had a complete physical by your doctor?

Many times people that have a hard time losing weight have other issues. Like me. I have a thyroid condition which makes losing weight very difficult.

Before you start any diet or exercise program see your doctor, express your concerns to him/her, then go from there.

Jul 27, 2012, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Have you had a complete physical by your doctor?

Many times people that have a hard time losing weight have other issues. Like me. I have a thyroid condition which makes losing weight very difficult.

Before you start any diet or exercise program see your doctor, express your concerns to him/her, then go from there.
    Last time I had a physical was in January and the doctor said I was fine.. I've never really eaten a lot at one time.. other than a few.days before my menstrual period.. I rarely go.over 1500 calories a day..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 27, 2012, 02:08 PM
    Did the doctor do blood work, check your thyroid, check for diabetes, etc. etc.

Did you tell the doctor about your weight issue, and that you're finding it hard to lose weight?

Jul 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
    No.. I don't have health insurance and I only had enough money for a regular physical.. I did have blood work done but I never got the results.. I'm a full-time student and when I had the.physical done I was starting clinicals..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing weight [ 7 Answers ]

Hello!! :D :D :D I'm 13 year old girl. And id love to lose some weight! Hehe.. im around 146cm-150cm I hve no idea actually :p and I weigh like.. 42.5kg? But then I juts had a massive meal and now I weigh 43.6kg! :SSSS! Hehe.. um id just like some tips on losing some weight. I used to do a LOT of...

Losing weight [ 0 Answers ]

Heyaa =) I have a few questions. First is AM I OVERWEIGHT? I ewigh 42.5 or so.. sometimes it changes and I'm 150cm. And I'm 13 and female. so ami overweight? Also what's a models diet. I want to eat like a model, really skinny and all also what is some good excerisses and stretches to do for...

Why am I not losing any weight [ 4 Answers ]

I am 5'3, and currently weight 128 pounds. I had been trying to get down to 110 for the longest time, four summers ago I finally got to 119 by exercising 2 hr a day and not eating anything after 3PM. But once school starts, I gain all the weight back. Ever since then the thinnest I got was 120....

Losing weight [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 14, about 5'7. A little overweight. I weigh about 180. I do have a lot of muscle on me, but there is some fat around my face, chest, stomach, thighs, (everywhere) :p I really am not that "fat". But, I am kind of a couch potato and do eat a lot. What are some good meals that I can eat,...

View more questions Search