Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cferris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Diabetic diets
    How many grams of sugar and Carbohydrates should a diabetic have, based on a 2000 calorie diet?
    christian48 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cferris
    How many grams of sugar and Carbohydrates should a diabetic have, based on a 2000 calorie diet?
    Unless you are speaking directly with a physician about diabetes, I would suggest to get correct and physician quoted answers under "WEB MD". This is a very knowledgeable website about diabetes, diets and the correct medications.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2007, 07:59 PM
    Your best ally is a dietician - ask your doctor to refer you to one.

Now there are sites you can get information from but always check with your doctor.

CARBOHYDRATE COUNTING DIET, 1200 CALORIE SAMPLE MENU Care Guide Information

1200-Calorie Diabetic Diet

Diabetic Diet (Print Version)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cferris
    First let me say, that your doctor will know a lot more infor then your giving me and although I help a lot of diabetics, I get a report from their doctors before I develop their diet plans, so you need to talk to him first. But I can give you a overview of some infor. When you have diabetes diet is the key role in controlling blood sugar. Moderate portions of healthy foods and regular mealtimes. Sweets count as carbs in your meal planning. The trick is substituting small portions of sweets for other carbs-such as bread, tortillas, rice, etc. in your meals. Eat healthy carbs such as fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes and lowfat dairy. Eat the same amount of carbs each day spaced throughout the day. Portion control - carbs are easy to overdo, read food labels to determine serving size, and don't cheat. To give you an idea about carbs; if you eat 300 grams of carbs each day up to 30 grams could come from sugar, now on nutritional labels all sugars are grouped together, i.e. Milk-lactose, Fruit,Fuctose, along with regular table sugar, this is why reading the labels is so important, and as well as knowing what your doctors advice is for the correct diet for your body, it is not a guessing game. Hope this helps a bit;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diabetic Cat Help [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old, diabetic, spayed, feline. She has been insulin dependent for approx 5 years. Occasionally, she may go a week or more and require NO insulin. She's been on Humulin-Ultra the entire time. Has anyone ever had a bad bottle? This bottle is less than two weeks old, but her #'s are...

Diabetic cooking [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I am a diabetic and am trying to cook healthy meals. Does anyone have any recipies for good vegetable dishes. I am trying not to use starchy vegetables. My Doctor said vegetables were free for me to eat so I can have more of them if they are not the starchy kind! Yumm...

Diabetic dog [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has diabetes and I can't get her to eat, she vomits every time she eats or drinks this is the first time this has happened. I think she is having a hypoglycemic episode, should I give her her shot anyway? I just put some karo syrup on her teeth so she could get some sugar, can anyone help me.

Diets to improve male sex drive [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of Diets help to improve male sex drive especially, erection and lasting longer

Diabetic diet [ 1 Answers ]

My Aunt is a big, beautiful, mature woman who has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. She is having a problem understanding how to convert carbs to grams. Her dietician is a wonderful person, but doesn't realize that she is 70 years old and may not catch on as quickly as a younger...

View more questions Search