Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rain24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 06:45 PM
    My son won't talk to me...
    I knew that my son had changed but didn't know how much until I went to stay with him, his girlfriend and his two children. A daughter that is 4 by his first girlfriend and a son that is 10 month's by his girlfriend now. This happened on August 3rd of this year. I had been there for two days and on the third my son's attitude had changed dramatically. His girlfriend went to work and it was just me, him and the two wonderful children. He had fixed us all breakfast and while we where eating he asked me if I could get a phone activated for him that he had just bought. It was a pay as you go phone. I tried to on line but couldn't get it done. I called the help line on the package and they suggested to take the phone back where he had bought it and see if it had been scanned right. So I told my son to get the receipt and we would take it back and have them fix it. He was mad and went into the bathroom telling me that the receipt would be in there. After about 30 minutes I asked him what was going on. He was angry and yelled at me that he was looking for the receipt. Finally 10 minutes later I made him come out and he couldn't find the receipt he said. He went out on their back porch and laid on a couch. I was taking care of both of his children when his daughter came in and said she couldn't get her daddy awake. So I had her stay with her brother and I went to check on him. I could only get some moans out of him. I knew then that he had taken some kind of medication which he has no need to take any. I kept shaking him to get him to talk to me. Finally he said he would be in in a second. 30 minutes later his daughter came in and told me the same thing. I just packed up both of the kids and my stuff and put them in my car. I went back in to get the children and went to the bathroom first and found a knife on the floor of the bathroom. Beside it was a spoon and a needle. I had his daughter's step dad to come and get her and I finally got him to wake up and told him I was taking his son to town with me and he could go or stay there. (they live on a farm and he has no car) He told me that he would go to the bathroom and then go with me. I had left the needle and spoon on the shelf so the children couldn't get to it. 10 minutes later he came back out and was ready to go like nothing had ever happened. On the way in town he started acting weird again. His head kept falling in my lap. I took him through a fast food place thinking that if I got food in him he would feel better. When I got him to my apartment he kept falling face first in his food. I had had enough and told him to so to my bed and sleep. He told me to wake him up in an hour because he wanted me to take the phone back to the store for him to see what was wrong with it. As he was walking to the bedroom he stopped and asked where his daughter was. That was the first time he missed her. I told him that her step father had come to get her early. He told me that she never told him good bye. She did, but he was passed out and didn't even know she had went by him. I didn't want her to stay there any longer to see her dad like that. It was scaring her cause she couldn't get him to wake up. While he was sleeping I called his sister to see what I should do. She came to talk to him about an hour after he had been asleep. When she woke him up and wanted to talk to him he went irate and told her and me to leave him alone that he was fine. My daughter called the police station (she is dispatcher there) and wanted to know what we should do. They suggested for me to come to the court house and sign papers and have him committed to a hospital to see what he had taken. I did against my wish's. When I got back to my place the police had just left with him. In the mean time his girlfriend had found out what was going on and came and got my grandson from me and said that I would never see either one of them again. My daughter found out a few days later that the hospital only kept him for 24 hours. I had not heard or seen my son or grandson since then until one week ago. His girlfriend called me and wanted to know if I wanted to see my grandson. Of course I started crying and said yes. When she got here she explained that she had kicked my son out three weeks before because she found out that he was shooting up pain medication. She hasn't talked to him since and I just know found out that he is working at a gas station three blocks from me. I don't know his hours though. He still won't talk to me. I am losing my mind because we had never in 23 years every went one day without talking or seeing each other... what should I do? Please help me!
    carlene.gunn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
    Well, you are his mother.
    No matter what is going on in your sons life make sure he knows that.
    Because he is over 18 there isn't much you can do with keeping him in the hospital,
    But I am sure with a long harsh discussion (no temperament just adult conversation)
    That you can talk your son into putting himself in a rehab center.
    Let him know what's going on when he is like that.
    I mean, If he cared that much about the children he would stop in order to see them again.
    There's not much you can do after they grow up, but you can give them some encouragement to
    Straighten out their life's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 3 yr old son won't talk I need help? [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 3 yrs old almost 4 & I can't get him to talk I spend a good 30 min to an hour a day w/o anything going on (activity). I have a 8 mo old daughter seem to want to try to talk. My son is very smart inather ways of communicating but he just won't try to talk. I need suggestion on what I can...

My son don't talk to me... [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 25 years old... he moved from the house almost year a go, because I asked for... he was using drugs and out of job playing game all day long. After that he stopped talk to me. He doesn't answer my phone calls or text messenger. What I have to do??

My Son Is 3 1/2 And he Don't Talk. [ 1 Answers ]

My Son Is 3 1/2 And he Don't Talk. He Has Words And Uses Small Sentences Sometimes But He Babbles All The Time When He Don't Know A Word. He Is Smart And A Fast Learner And I Know He Knows The Words but He Just Will Not Talk. What Should I Do?

My son doesn't talk and he's 3 [ 4 Answers ]

My son is three and he is very smart. I can ask him to do anything and he knows exactly what I' asking him to do. The only problem is that he doesn't speak! He would rather cry or scream for what he wants rather than trying to talk or use words to get something or even communicate. The only words...

How do I get my 18 yr old son to talk to me [ 7 Answers ]

Its been over six years that I left his father because he was a control freak. My son was 11 at the time and initially I was able to see him and talk to him since the courts granted joint custody. He was very angry at first then his attitude changed to the good for a short time. When he turned 14...

View more questions Search