Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovely.lady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2011, 12:04 AM
    "cheating" on my boyfriend... again [?]
    I need help. I've been with this amazing guy for the last 2 1/2 years. I'm absolutely in love with him. I feel like there's some future for us. But my ex-boyfriend got in the picture.
    I started dating my guy about 2 months after my ex broke up with me out of no where. My ex and I were only dating for like a month and a half and we clicked from the beginning. He was in the usmc and a nice guy. But we were both young and had no clue where our relationship was going. We kind of saw it as a fling but a really good one. He freaked out and "broke" up with me by ignoring me and never giving me a straight answer. So I moved on and started dating my boyfriend now. About 3 months into dating my boyfriend, I get a call from my ex asking if I wanted to hang out before he left for iraq. So I decided to go out and see him to end everything and get a final answer from him. We both realized that we still had feelings for each other so one thing led to another and we ended up sleeping together. He left for iraq and we hid our secret. My boyfriend never found out until my guilty conscience admitted it to him months later. He forgave me and we went on with our relationship and with my promise to him of not making any connection with my ex again. After that whole thing, we didn't have a rough patch again
    A few months ago, my boyfriend and I went to our friend's party and we ran into my ex. My boyfriend and my ex knew that the other one knew what had happened between my ex and I. they spoke like 2 regular guys at a party who knew the same person. My ex and I spoke about what had happened and decided to just move on with our lives. Recently, my ex had gotten out of the corps. So we decided to hang out and catch up. My boyfriend doesn't know that we went out. I had lied about my whereabouts. Between me and my ex, we realized that we had some "unfinished business" that created tension between us that if we were to remain as friends, the tension would becoem to great for either one of us that we would cave in. we realized that we still had some sort of feelings for each other because we never really saw out how far our relationship could have gone. We had a good time catching up and laughing about our immaturity with each other that we ended up kissing before we parted ways. In a sense, I don't feel as bad as I should for kissing him and lying to my boyfriend. I really just want to resolve our unfinished business and move on with my life with my boyfriend now. But I'm stuck.
    Its bad enough that I cheated on my boyfriend once at the beginning of our relationship
    Its worst that I betrayed his trust again and sought out my ex to feel some type of closure. I really don't know what to do or how to feel...
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2011, 12:28 AM

What to do?

Grow up and stop playing with fire.

If you can't make your mind up you shouldn't be with your boyfriend-don't you think he deserves better than someone who keeps betraying his trust-after he already forgave you once??
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Jul 26, 2011, 02:13 AM

You accept that people often have lingering feelings for past partners but that doesn't mean they have to act on them.

You stop contact with the ex and work on finding closure regarding your feelings on your own, not with the ex. What you are doing now just keeps stirring things back up and is totally unfair to your boyfriend.

Or you split up with the boyfriend and go back to playing games with the ex.

Or you stop seeing them both.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2011, 06:22 AM
    Sorry, but I', going to be harsh here.

No one is forcing you to spend time with your ex, get physical with him, and the lie about it. You are making choices. Your 1st relationship may have been a victim of difficult circumstances, but everything that has happened since then has been a result of your choice. If you want to stop lying and being a cheater, CHOOSE to. If you want to be a dishonest person who plays games with your boyfriend's trust, keep doing exactly what you are doing. It seems that you don't really care about your boyfriend at all, because if you did, you would stop you lies, and your games, and let him know that you are choosing to not be faithful to him. Be honest, and give him a choice about whether he wants to be in a relationship with a repeat liar and cheater. See if he still wants to date someone who is so selfish, that even after he forgave you and tried to move on, you kept cheating and lying. You said yourself that you don't even feel bad, so why are you still with him when all you care about is yourself? He deserves better, and after what you have put him through, you at least own him honesty.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 27, 2011, 01:40 PM

You should feel ashamed of being a liar, and a cheater AGAIN. But the way out is to be honest with yourself and don't do better, and be honest with him, and let him decide what he wants to do.

Anything less is more lying and cheating on your boyfriend. You made your choices, so he deserves a chance to make his.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2011, 05:42 PM
    What are you crying about again?

Figure out what it is you want. Treat others as you wish to be treated.

"i need help"

Yes, you do. Why do you do the things you do?
    You are in control of your own actions.

Start there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think my boyfriend is cheating on me. [ 3 Answers ]

We have been going out for a year now, and are in "love"; at least I am. Recently, his friends have been texting him telling him to ditch me and go for other girls that he has known forever. At first, he told me it was just them being upset that he wasn't hanging out with them. So I told him to...

How do I get over my cheating boyfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

About 2 months ago my boyfriend met a girl on omegle, she asked him to send her a topless photo and he agreed about a month later they started sexting and talking about which condom flavours they should use, or which sex positions and to finish it he said that if he had the chance to he would, I...

How to know if your boyfriend is cheating? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with this guy, and we've been dating for about 5 or 6 months. First off let me tell you how we got to together. It all started after me and my son's dad broke up in late May. My use to be best friend was talking to this guy (which is my boyfriend now) while she was already in...

Cheating on my boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how to get out of a situation. I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years now but I have not been attracted to him for the past 2 years. I ended up one night at my best friends house znd had sex with one of her friends. Now for the past 3 weeks I have been talking to this new...

Cheating boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

OK so here it is yesterday I phoned my now ex boyfriend and normaly when I call I wake him up well I woke him up yesterday when I was talking to him I heard a girl in the background and then all of a sudden this girl starts phoning my house wanting to talk to me but I wouldn't talk so my mom got on...

View more questions Search