Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    docborman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Death
    . Assume the body is buried in a casket and exhumed five years later for a medical test. If the biceps brachii muscle was examined microscopically, what might can we to find and why?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 26, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Is this a homework question?
    colonel000036 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2007, 07:28 PM
    I am only guessing but I would say a shrivelled, stinky, mess!
    Chrisna Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2010, 11:18 PM

I think the tendons will still be visible...
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2010, 12:15 PM

There are catalogues of expectation in relation to examination of exhumed corpses. These address various organs correlated to post mortem interval. PubMed might be a good place to start.
    tool8er Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 10:56 PM

Well after five years there would only be the metabolites of the proteins that were once there (putrecsene and cadaverine, which causes the vast majority of what we call the smell of a dead body). As for the "after we die" question; physically there is only physical degradation into the basic elements that were part of our bodies(constituents). That seems to be the extent of your question... possibly a pertinent question since the physical realm is the only one we can adopt the scientific method to in order to have answers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time Of Death ? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's body was in full rigor mortis and lividity had started. This was on the report when they picked up Robin's body. Her body was found in the house where she lived temperature about 72 degrees. It was 13:44 when all of this was noted.

Death [ 3 Answers ]

Y do I feel like my life will come to an end soon? This is a constant thought I have threw out everyday since I was 18 and now I'm 27. I feel like I'm cheating death because I avoid a lot of things. The more I do nothing the least chance I have of death by accident. I would love to pass over I'm...

Cause of death [ 4 Answers ]

A friend's death was classified as cocaine poisoning (i.e. overdose), due to 3.0 mg/L of benzoylecgonine in her blood, collected from the aorta post-mortem. The autopsy report said she had received a blow to the abdomen prior to death, causing a ruptured spleen and the loss of an estimated 500 cc...

Have You Had a Near Death Experience? [ 3 Answers ]

Presented below is my "near death" experience. Those of you who have truly had one, please share your experience. Dr. O.S. Hawkins used to say, "An inward impression, without an outward expression, is depression." That's part of the reason why I wanted to share with you the "near death"...

My Moms Death [ 7 Answers ]

Im 14 years old and my mom died on July 21, 2005. She and my dad were both alcoholics and she died only a couple months after my sister and I moved into my grandparents and my dad started his recovery. My mom lived in South Carolina and I lived w/ my dad, brother, and sister in California. She had...

View more questions Search