Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dan91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 10:16 PM
    Can't remember title or author
    There's an autobiography written in maybe the 1930s or so by a man who grew up on the frontier. Some details I remember from the book: His father goes to the river to get water and he never sees him again. A trapper (I think) raises him. He accidentally drinks the stuff the trapper puts on his traps to attract animals and he has terrible stomach problems. The doctor says he only lived because he drank milk immediately after. At one point he's alone in a cabin and a bear is outside so he way over loads his little shotgun and shoots the bear in the head. He later becomes a cowboy and teaches himself how to roll cigarettes, something he's regretted ever since. I remember him mentioning how they knew even then that cigarettes are bad for your health. I believe the hardcover edition published years ago had a horse on it and I want to say the title is something simple. Any help would be appreciated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 10:45 PM

How about this one -

Lone Cowboy: My Life Story by Will James

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't remember title/author... [ 4 Answers ]

What I can remember was it was about a boy who lived in a town that was completely shut off from the rest of the world. The people forbid the learnings of the outside world and taught their citizens only of what they believed. This made all the people believe they were the only civilization around....

Can't remember title or author! [ 2 Answers ]

I read a paperback book about 15 years ago and now can't remember the title or author. The story is about a man and woman, their life together - having children and raising them. I can't remember if the story took place in the US but it was when times were tough because it seemed like they were...

Can't remember title and author [ 3 Answers ]

My mom gave me a book to read years ago and now we both can't remember the title or whop it is by. It was about a young girl who was friends with a tiger and walking stick bug. I believe she lived with her grandfather. But she was kind of like a woods guardian or something. Any help would be great....

View more questions Search