Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 03:42 PM
    Two stage vs single stage heat pump compressors- How much energy does a 2 stage save?
    I am comparing 5 ton heat pumps; some with 2 stage compressors and some with single. Does the two stage really save that much energy when on a 5 ton compressor? Is it worth an extra $1200?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 03:51 PM
    Is it worth an extra $1200?

NO!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single Stage & Mult-stage heat pumps [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference between a single stage and multi-stage heat pump?

Single Stage or Dual Stage Heat Pump? [ 4 Answers ]

We are replacing our old AC and electric furnace with a heat pump and an electric furnace with variable speed blower. The decision we are struggling with is single stage vs multiple stage heat pump. Our house has two levels, and the upper level is always HOT in summer without AC. The ducting to...

Thermostat for Multi Stage Heat Pump with Aux Heat & Stage Display [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find a Thermostat for my Multi-Stage Heat Pump which Displays when the system is operating on high or Low and also displays if it is running on Aux Heat. Can anyone recommend a Thermostat that does this?

Benefits of two stage vs single stage heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a 20 year old Lennox two stage heat pump. Live in northwest Florida panhandle. 2400 sq foot single story home. One AC tech suggested not using a two stage replacement unit because of cost. What are advantages of two stage over single and what should I consider in choosing...

Hvac1000: Or ing stage relays (multi-stage stats to single stage) [ 1 Answers ]

Would you agree that you can and should OR the outputs of say a 2 stage heating stat to make it a single stage? OR means connect the outputs together. Example: Connect W and W2 to create a single stage stat. I'm under the impression that either W1 or W2 is activated and not both and that this...

View more questions Search