Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IvetG Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Confused and Wondering
    I need help understanding a experience that I just recently had. I have breast cancer and had a double mastectomy on October 1, 2209. The first night staying in the hospital I woke up to see some of my family members that have pasted away standing in the corner staring at me. In my mind I was thinking I am not dead or dying why are they here? I just stayed staring at them then I slowing dozed off feeling peace. What does this mean? Please help me understanding why they were there. Thank You
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:51 AM

Hello. Sometimes during a tramatic experience our mind protects us and may condure up images of comfort,there is also the school of thought that would put medication as the cause of your experience,I however believe if that's what you saw and their presents brought you comfort,then its true.

Sometimes we experience things that we cannot explain,that does not lesson the impact of the experience.
    carly_may_13 Posts: 53, Reputation: 7

Jan 19, 2010, 06:42 AM

A lot of women after getting mastectomies go through emotional distress, so your family just wanted to check and see if you were okay, and probably let you know that everything is going to be all right. I wouldn't be surprised if they came to you in your dreams as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

Wondering what to do. [ 3 Answers ]

My son's father has residential custody of my 3 year old son. He is being shipped off to Irag. He tells me tonight about it and tell me he is leaving my son with a friend of his. I am just wondering if I am the mother don't I get the right to say where my son goes!! Don't I have the right to have...

Just Wondering. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm just curious to know if anyone thinks my little issue is significant?Here goes... I have been off the pill for about 5 months... mayb a little less. However no sign of conceiving here! I'm kind of worried that mayb it could be due to having had an anorexic spell when I was younger...

Just wondering [ 8 Answers ]

Does your urine have to be dark to be pregnant

View more questions Search