Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 7, 2009, 01:47 AM
    WOW! Is your home roach free? It does feel great!
    At my previous home, I had a 3-family townhouse. I lived there for 3 yeears during which there were always roaches no matter how much cleaning and fumigating, baiting, I did (Im kind of a clean freak).

Then I moved to my current home where I have been living for 4 yrs. While I had pets, I had roaches coming from outdoors, and again there were always roaches no matter how much cleaning and fumigating, baiting.

A couple years ago I gave away all my pets (about 10 birds in the end)

Except I kept some fish and a couple lionhead rabbits in my garage, and noticed the roaches instantly vanished ever since!

Do you have occasional roaches in your home? I feel blessed to finally be roach free. I go searching late at night and haven't spotted one in over a year. I hope it stays this way. There must have been something about birds, their dust, their poop smell or whatever that attracts roaches from neighborhoods houses, glad that's gone.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 02:04 AM

I don't have roaches.

I get mice :( But I have a cat who's caught them all :)

Speaking of roaches.

I remember one time when I was little, I used to go to the kitchen at night and get a glass of juice or milk to drink. One night I went down as usual and I grabbed a straw. I sucked in the straw before I got juice and started choking. I gagged and spat something onto the floor.

IT WAS A ROACH.

---ahh thinking about that makes me cringe. It was my most disgusting moment in my entire life. I can still see that thing crawling covered in my saliva.

P.S. I don't drink out of straws any more.

Sarah
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 02:18 AM
    Little roach or a big straw, Sarah. Yeah, that's about as bad as it gets.

Golden Boy, the roaches were most likely drwn by the leftover birdseed in the bottoms of the cages and on the floors around them. Birds are messy eaters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feel free to share some stories. [ 43 Answers ]

I know some and a lot don't believe in ghosts or paramormal activity but If you do or have any experiences or stories I would love to hear them.

Great Sex Cheating & Going Limp at Home ? WHY ? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi Everyone ! I am having the BEST Sex of my life while Cheating with my Dream Woman & I can't get it up at home with my wife.... Whats going on ? FACTS: I am 40 & married for 12+ Yrs & Happy ! In Marriage we used to have Sex on an Average 3-4 times a Month. NEVER a problem for an erection but I...

I have great experience at testing alternative, free programs [ 1 Answers ]

How to open a MPP MS project file ? How to find a OFFICE alternative >Moved from Intros<

View more questions Search