Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HotPotato2009 Posts: 706, Reputation: 15

Jul 7, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Boyfriend has bump on penis
    My boyfriend has a bump on his penis. It doesn't hurt him or anything. I took an std test about 2 weeks ago and my results came back negative. So if it's not an std then what could it be?? I was thinking that maybe it has something to do with sweat or lubrication?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 12:16 PM

Does it look like this?

Fordyce's spot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If so it is normal.

Jul 7, 2009, 12:23 PM

I haven't seen the bump on his penis yet, I think he is embarrassed to show me. I printed the page out to the website that you sent. I'll take a look at it when I get home
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 12:58 PM

When you were tested for an STD like you said in your other post, were you also tested for genital herpies? If you BOTH have 'bumps' on your genitalia, its possible you picked up herpies.

Jul 7, 2009, 01:10 PM

Genetail Herpes is a separate test? I though that was an std too? What kind of test would I take for that? And is it curable?
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 01:15 PM

No its not hon. It's a separate test.

*NOTE: A "complete STD screen" does NOT include testing for Herpes, HPV or HIV. These tests MUST BE requested. *

This is found at the bottom of this page...

Herpes and STD Test - HerpesOnline.org

Good luck hon. Talk to your doctor.

And I'm sorry to say that herpes is CONTROLLABLE, but not CURABLE.

Jul 7, 2009, 01:17 PM

Aww man... does planned parenthood test for herpes? I can only go to them cause its free for me. I can't go to a regular doctors office cause I don't have insurance
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 01:19 PM

None of us can give you an accurate diagnosis over the internet.

Could it be an STD? Yes. Could it be a pimple? Yes. Could it be an ingrown hair? Yes. Could it be something else? Yes.

Only a doctor can give an accurate diagnosis, so please, tell you boyfriend to see a doctor.

Why trust your reproductive organs to people on the internet?

Jul 7, 2009, 01:21 PM

My boyfriend did make a doctors appointment. I'm making ANOTHER appoitment at planned parenthood if they do the testing there. I don't have insurance so I can't go to the doctors office in the hospital.

I was just getting advice from the internet while I wait for my appointment. I'm very concerned about this and scared at the same time. So talking to someone for the time being makes me feel a little better about it. I wasn't trusting anyone online about my reproductive organ (as you say)
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 01:22 PM

How old are you? Have you talked to your parents? Perhaps they can help you see a doctor?

Jul 7, 2009, 01:23 PM
    That message was for Altenweg.

Jenniepepsi, how do I private message you? I'm new to this. Just signed up today :-)

Jul 7, 2009, 01:25 PM
    I'm 22. I've talked to my mom. She told me it could be cancer, but to me it seems like she doesn't really care cause she only gives me one word answers. The only other person I talk to this about is my boyfriends sister in law cause she like family to me.
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HotPotato2009 View Post
    My boyfriend did make a doctors appointment. I'm making ANOTHER appoitment at planned parenthood if they do the testing there. I dont have insurance so I can't go to the doctors office in the hospital.

I was just getting advice from the internet while I wait for my appointment. I'm very concerned about this and scared at the same time. So talking to someone for the time being makes me feel a little better about it. I wasn't trusting anyone online about my reproductive organ (as you say)
    That may be, but we really cannot reassure you about something when we have no idea what it could be.

It could be serious, it could be nothing. We can only guess.

That's my point. It's your body, do what you will, but know that any info you get here is not a diagnosis, only a guess.

Good luck.

Jul 7, 2009, 01:29 PM

I appreciate it. Thanks
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 01:30 PM

Jennie and Hot Potato, you should both know that PMing about a certain thread is against the rules of this site.

All information about this topic should be kept on the public forum as per site rules.

This is for your own protection. Jennie isn't a doctor, she isn't in the medical field. If you take this to private messaging you could be getting information that is innacurate, and the experts here need to be able to see the info you're getting in order to make sure it's the best info and most accurate info available.

PMing is for chatting, or directing someone to your thread. It is not for discussing public threads or getting private info.

Also, you have to have a certain number of posts and a certain amount of time on the site before PM is enabled.

Just fyi.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 01:31 PM

Altenweg is right, you need to see SOMEONE about this. Be it something as simple as a pimple, or something more serious, you need to see a doctor.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Jennie and Hot Potato, you should both know that PMing about a certain thread is against the rules of this site.

All information about this topic should be kept on the public forum as per site rules.

This is for your own protection. Jennie isn't a doctor, she isn't in the medical field. If you take this to private messaging you could be getting information that is innacurate, and the experts here need to be able to see the info you're getting in order to make sure it's the best info and most accurate info available.

PMing is for chatting, or directing someone to your thread. It is not for discussing public threads or getting private info.

Also, you have to have a certain number of posts and a certain amount of time on the site before PM is enabled.

Just fyi.
    Thank you altenweg, I wasn't aware of this, I have gotten private messages before about posts, so I assumed it was allowed. I suppose that's what I get for assuming *blush*
    Pets Expert

Jul 7, 2009, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    thank you altenweg, i wasnt aware of this, i have gotten private messages before about posts, so i assumed it was allowed. i suppose thats what i get for assuming *blush*
    PMing someone to look at a thread is okay. PMing someone to discuss a thread is not. Do you understand?

This rule is to protect you, the OP and the site.

Now you know.

Jul 7, 2009, 01:39 PM

Oh. Like I said before, I just signed up to this site today. I didn't know that
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2009, 01:41 PM

I understand, and it makes sense, thanks hon :)

I mostly meant private message me to keep me informed of what happens. But hotpotato2009, you can post here to let me know how everythign is going :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A bump on my penis [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know why but I havea bump on my penis on the partthat I pee the I don't knoe wats it called but it's the line that hold your penis thing I havea bump there ater this one girl did a blow job on me I want to know what to do to help it:(

Bump on penis [ 4 Answers ]

I have had this little bumpvfor month er a few now, but it just got wayy bigger about a weed ago, its big and red, ima vigin I'm 15, it only hurts ifi pintch it or push on it, I told my parnts they don't no what it is then I showed my bro he just said its not a big deal, but then the last 2 days...

Boyfriend has bump on head of penis [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 years old and have been going out with my boyfriend for about 2 weeks. He recently showed me his genitals and I have noticed a small bump on the head of his penis. Later that day I sent him a text message asking him if he had an STD. He told me no so I asked about the bump. He told me it...

Bump on penis [ 1 Answers ]

Ok just about 2 days ago I noticed I have a bump on the side of my shaft around the size of a pee I am extremely worried and don't know what to do it only hurts if pressure is applied I tried to pop it once and puss came out now all that happens is blood comes out please help me!

Bump on penis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I have a small bump on the skin of my penis... it has the appearance of a pimple but it doesn't go away... almost like a small pebble under the skin... I've tried almost everything including putting ice on it... that seemed to make it go down but it just came right back... its totally...

View more questions Search