Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hearty Posts: 42, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Death penalty
    Well I have a essay due tomorrow and its only five paragrapgs I'm not asking you for an answer but... I need help...

It is about death penalty and I think their should be...

My three reason are...

1. it saves us space and money
    2. it brings colsure to the victims family
    3. and it's a detterance to others from committing crimes...

I need help on making paragraphs about these reasons...

THANKS...
    mum2five Posts: 171, Reputation: 32

Jan 19, 2009, 03:50 PM

You need to now explain your reasons in full details to how you personaly feel.
    Space and money I assume as Prisons are over crowded and money as it is the tax payers who fund the cost of prisinors.
    Closure I am unsure of as not sure closure is ever brought even when justice is done but I agree a life for a life
    As for making the death penalty put others off then yes perhaps is this was what happened maybe people would think twice.

Jan 19, 2009, 03:58 PM

Thanks it helped me...
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Jan 19, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hearty View Post
    thanks it helped me ...........
    Rather than closure say it helps make people feel "safer"

Good luck.

Jan 19, 2009, 04:09 PM

I'd write it like, The death penalty benafits society in 3 basic ways; 1) space and money... 2) gives people the feeling of security... 3) And deturance from others committing crimes.

Ending, No one has the "right" to take a life, but some times it is more benaficial to end some one's suffering.

Peace be with you.

P.S. I'm not for the death penalty. But that's OK, We all have our opinions. ;)

Jan 19, 2009, 04:14 PM

Thanks... but I'm trying to get them into paragraphs that's why

Jan 19, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hearty View Post
    thanks.... but im trying to get them into paragraphs thats why
    You may have missed what I meant. Sorry I tend to be a bit scattered. My apologies.

"I'd write it like,

(opening paragraph, the thesis statment.) The death penalty benafits society in 3 basic ways; 1) space and money... 2) gives people the feeling of security... 3) And deturance from others committing crimes.

1) space and money...

2) gives people the feeling of security...

3) And deturance from others committing crimes.

(concluding statement.) Ending, No one has the "right" to take a life, but some times it is more benaficial to end some one's suffering."

That's just a general out line. A thesis is "a promis to your reader telling them what you are going to write about." -- My english teacher in college.

Was that what you meant, or am I just lost? Its OK, id get lost in my closet if I could get in it. ;)

Peace be with you.

Jan 19, 2009, 04:32 PM

Ohhh hehehehhe that's OK THANKS...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Death penalty- arguments for or against [ 42 Answers ]

Okay guys, I'm writing a paper for a college class, and I chose the death penalty or capital punishment as my subject. I have to present my argument and also address or prove wrong the counterarguments in my paper. I'm not sure which side to write about. Post some of your...

The death penalty [ 2 Answers ]

I was just watching one of those court shows and they were talking about the death penalty. I live in Canada where that is not done, but I just wanted to know what you people think about it.

The death penalty [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me come up with a good thesis statement concerning the death penalty?

The Death Penalty, Schwarzenegger and The Exonerated [ 14 Answers ]

On January 19th of this year Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger allowed the First death sentence to be served in three years, and the first under Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. That is almost copied straight from a News site (because honestly if I hadn’t, there’s no way I’d have been Able to...

View more questions Search