Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Apr 18, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Mini-trampoline rebounding vs. jump roping
    Is rebounding on my mini-trampoline as effective as jump roping?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 12:41 PM
    Much better work out is gained by the rebounder. At least I think so.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 07:38 PM
    I think it depends on your workout. My guess would be trampoline would be less, but I haven't used one in a long time.

I rate jumping rope equal at least to running, but easier on the joints. I rate trampoline work even better for the joints, but I think you need to do more than just go through the motions. Leg lifts, arm work, twisting... basically being active is what you'll need to do.

One litmus test... jump rope for 5 minutes and check your heart rate... do your tramp work for 5 minutes and check the same. Any activity where I can use my whole body and get reasonable comparable heart rates... ill list them as close enough to interchange, even if its not a perfect exchange... like swimming... I can get my heart rate up, but its generally listed as a lower caloric burn.

OK.

Personally, the more different exercises you do, the better I think your body responds. So if you prefer the trampoline, do it... and if you can sometimes sub jump rope, do it. Or something else... if you can't run, climb stairs... it's a great way to burn calories without the impact effects on the joints.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jumping on a mini trampoline to gain vertical [ 2 Answers ]

How many times should I jump on my mini trampoline a day so that I can build up my legs?

Is she rebounding? Or is she over me? [ 50 Answers ]

I recently broke up with my girlfriend of 1.5 year. 2months have passed with a decent amount of contact. That recently stopped and I started falling for her again. I professed my apology and love for her. I asked her to come back to me. To make things worse, she found someone already, started...

Ex husband rebounding! [ 2 Answers ]

How long do rebounds last for?

View more questions Search