Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    216armymom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Home buying with only S.S.I. income
    We recently sold our home & moved to a warmer climate.I have no job yet but my husband is on s.s.I. disability.What are the chances of getting a loan to buy a home with only that income?We have good credit & very little debt , we own a 2007 suv - so no car payment.Down payment would be about 20,000.. Where would be a good place to start? Law's are so different in this state and we are learning as we go.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Right now with the credit crunch and housing market going nutty, would suggest you wait a bit before you rush out to get into another home. Your chances would be obviously better if you had income and not just relied on his.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 12, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Most of the sub prime lenders went bankrupt over this last year, even some of the larger companies, such as countrywide, almost went under.

So it may be very hard to find a lender. Not because of any laws, but because of the fact of so many foreclosures as of late.

After you find a job may be the time to start looking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buying A Home [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I were going to buy a home we did all the paper work and we had applied for a loan for the purchase of this home the closing was also set but the loan wasn't finished going through the process due to us not being able to able to get some paperwork that the loan officer needed, so we...

Buying a home [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have a general idea on how much it costs to have someone show you a house that is for sale?

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

View more questions Search