Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alana1970 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Debt validation
    What I don't understand is why should I validate with the creditors. I would think that they have the original contract that I signed.
    SHPS Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Well it depends. As a debt gets older, the liklihood of collecting it decreases. Some debts get sold 3 and 4 times to different companies. Records get lost, sometimes. Also, debt collectors are famous for trying to get people to pay debts they do not legally owe. Either it's truly not their debt, or it's a debt that is past the statute of limitations, and you have no LEGAL (not moral) obligation to pay. Validation is especially important is you get a lawsuit filed against you.
    alana1970 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alana1970
    What I don't understand is why should I validate with the creditors. I would think that they have the original contract that I signed.
    What if I am already going to court with them for this debt do I still have to validate. They are the creditors and it has never been sent to a collection agency so I would think they have the original contract.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt Validation [ 2 Answers ]

I ordered a copy of my credit report and found a debt on it that I do not believe that I owe. I sent a letter to this collection ageny requesting to validate this debt. I just got a response stating that the do not have to validate since the law provides that unless you demand validation of the...

Debt Validation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I sent a validation letter over a month ago to a law firm which said I had 30 days to respond to their debt that they stated I owed. Well, it has been over 30 days and all I have received from them was a letter stating they received my original debt validation letter, and nothing...

Debt validation [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in finding out if: collection agencies notice of the 30 day to respond. Say if this notice is dated a year ago. Can I still write and ask for the validation of debt owed requesting the documents, etc. under the law. Can I do this and just keep it on file. Will it be justified...

Question #2 Debt Validation: Should I wait out and old debt? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Concerning the Debt Validation / Verification process: If a debt is due to expire (over 7 years old) in a couple of months, is it better to validate /verify it; or wait it out and then get it removed - that is, will the act of verifying the debt renew the life of the debt if it is proved...

View more questions Search