Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Bush, I'm sorry you have a thief in your neighborhood!
    A person should not have to robber-proof their gardens in their own yard.
    Putting the electric fence is a good idea.
    You could always say it's to keep the animals out;) .
    Or a pad/key lock on the gate doors, if that's possible, might work too.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2008, 06:50 AM
    The lock and key wow that is a good idea... the one I suspect is probably late 60's early 70's I don't think he could climb the fence... I would not do electric becuas eI have too amny animals and also I would not want it to harm squirrels or birds..
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 07:35 AM
    I say keep the "prodder thingy" in close view so you can stake out the place and catch him red handed!! :):):)
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 08:30 AM
    I want to use the prodder thighy as well lol. I would love to see him skipping up the street with a little jolt of electricity to his butt.

We have a group called citizens on patrol, my neighbor reported my tomatoes being stolen, I really don't thik they can do anything about it, they only walk the neighborhood until 9 pm, I'm sure my thief works between 1 and 5 am. I saw him steal a landscape tie at 1 am, my husband saw him rushing up the street a few years back with a huge pot of flowers around 4 am. The police say if they don't get a report of theft on such items maybe he was out visitng friends and they gave them to him... yeah right.

On a lighter note I got 2 nice cucumbers from my garden, diced them and put them in ranch dressing... they were yummy.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2009, 09:43 PM
    OK guys, it is that time of year again. I bought my seeds, they are going in dirt tomorrow... I am going to get a fence around the two huge raised beds, and one medium size one made just for strawberries... wish me luck and fill me in on anything new you all are doing... I miss this great thread!
    I also got some gigantic sunflowers for along the fence line... can I start those indoors first or are they best to be in the dirt they are going to live in for the rest of their lives?
    If you are starting yer garden... GOOD LUCK!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ground Rod / ground wire [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a 100 amp subpanel in my workshop 125' away from my house. I have two ground rods in the ground by the shop, and was wondering if it was necessary to run 4 wires from the house to the shop (two hots, one neutral, one ground), or could I just run the three wires from the...

Above ground pool in ground [ 5 Answers ]

Can I put an above ground pool in a hole with about one foot of it sticking up? What do I do about water splashing out and washing away the back fill? What do I do about pluming and elec. Thanks

Garden Tractor not starting. [ 7 Answers ]

Well it was running fine last time I used it, and I went to go mow today, and it was cranking slow (brand new battery by the way) and it only cranked for about 30 seconds total before the battery was dead. So I let it sit and tried cranking it again, and the starter was turning, but not cranking...

Open ground when neutral not touching ground [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I was moving around a room and noticed my wife wanted her desk elsewhere. I decided to, since she would have her computer on it, check the outlet she would be moving to. It seemed old so I changed it. I noticed before I changed it that with my GFCI tester, all sockets on this circuit were...

SLUGS In The Garden. [ 6 Answers ]

We've had slugs eating our garden plants, herbs, and flowers before, but nothing like this year. Tried just about everything from slug bait to hand picking and just can't seem to make a dent in the little slimeballs. If anyone has something that works for them, please let me know. (It has been an...

View more questions Search