Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrszarlingo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1432
    i just dyed my hair a "dark brown" but it came out to a goth looking black this evening and its horrible! i can't even look in the mirror without crying :( i took 2 showers since dyeing it and some of the color still comes out but when i come out of the shower i still look the same :( i have been reading about many girls who went through the same problems and you mostly suggested prell shampoo ( what brand how much and where can i buy it?) and dish washer soap(sounds way too harmful)...i want to know the least damaging tool i can use to remove this ugly black and get a more natural brown or look other then this fake blue black i have please help me!!! :(
    I am experiencing the same thing you are,as I was a light golden blonde this past summer and decided to go to a darker shade,since my white hair was showing too much with the blonde. It turned out fine with the light golden brown, which is lighter than my natural brown I had in high school. I decided to back to the medium golden brown I had in school,
    And my hair turned a dark dark brown, almost black. It's because I had all the blonde underneath and then did try to lighten it back to the golden brown when the medium brown was too dark. All coloring does is deposit pigment to the hair. It won't remove hair coloring. The only thing that will do that is color remover.You have to make sure you leave it on long enough,as hair will go through several color stages while removing the color. If you do not leave it on long enough, the hair may be carrot orange.If you try to lighten your hair without removing the color,just by lightening it with a lighter color, it won't work,because again hair coloring will not remove color, only deposit it.I have to let my grayish/white hair grow out before I can color it again,as it cost between $100-175 to
    Have a hair dresser do color correction. I know as I have had to have it done before,and it was about $160 4 years ago. It's cheaper to do it yourself,but you have to have several mirrors that can be placed at different angles to see what your doing.Beside having one of those long mirrors that on a stand that I can move into my bathroom and place it behind my bathroom mirror, I also have one of those mirrors with magnification on one side and a regular mirror on the opposite side. This mirror is attached to my wall and swings to one side and adjusts to different angles. I bought it at Bed,Bath and Beyond store.I hope this helps some. Marie Zarlingo
    MichaelStylist Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by courtxox View Post
    Ahhh :( Please someone help! 4 months ago I wanted my hair chocolate brown with light streaks and the the girl at the salon ended up bleaching so much of my hair and it went super light. I went back a month later where they dyed it brown and left some blond streaks. The streaks started to grow out so I decided to just dyed my hair full chocolate brown. I duno what happened but it turned PURE BLACK. :( My hair dresser told me she would have to bleach my hair and then apply a really light brown so it would go a nice brown but Im A. scared she will ruin my hair even more bc obviously she doesnt no what she is doing! or B. my hair will fall out from all this overprecessing. If someone could tell me what is the best and safest way that would be great

The only real way to remove the built up color is with a lightening agent, such as bw2 or Vario blonde. Those are professional products not open to sale of non-hairdressers. I would suggest you find a stylist/colorist that knows what they are doing and have them fix it for you, the results should be guaranteed... Clarifying Shampoos and Prell will only slightly help and adding more dye will only create a problem.
    MichaelStylist Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mrszarlingo View Post
    I am experiencing the same thing you are,as I was a light golden blonde this past summer and decided to go to a darker shade,since my white hair was showing to much with the blonde. It turned out fine with the light golden brown, which is lighter than my natural brown I had in high school. I decided to back to the medium golden brown I had in school,
    and my hair turned a dark dark brown, almost black. It's because I had all the blonde underneath and then did try to lighten it back to the golden brown when the medium brown was too dark. All coloring does is deposit pigment to the hair. It won't remove hair coloring. The only thing that will do that is color remover.You have to make sure you leave it on long enough,as hair will go through several color stages while removing the color. If you do not leave it on long enough, the hair may be carrot orange.If you try to lighten your hair without removing the color,just by lightening it with a lighter color, it won't work,because again hair coloring will not remove color, only deposit it.I have to let my grayish/white hair grow out before I can color it again,as it cost between $100-175 to
    have a hair dresser do color correction. I know as I have had to have it done before,and it was about $160 4 years ago. It's cheaper to do it yourself,but you have to have several mirrors that can be placed at different angles to see what your doing.Beside having one of those long mirrors that on a stand that I can move into my bathroom and place it behind my bathroom mirror, I also have one of those mirrors with magnification on one side and a regular mirror on the opposite side. This mirror is attached to my wall and swings to one side and adjusts to different angles. I bought it at Bed,Bath and Beyond store.I hope this helps some. Marie Zarlingo

The only real way to remove the built up color is with a lightening agent, such as bw2 or Vario blonde. Those are professional products not open to sale of non-hairdressers. I would suggest you find a stylist/colorist that knows what they are doing and have them fix it for you, the results should be guaranteed... Clarifying Shampoos and Prell will only slightly help and adding more dye will only create a problem.
    hunterwoman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2008, 03:11 PM
    OH MY GOSH! I HAVE THE Same PROBLEM AS YOU! EXACCCT! You just explained exactly what I have been going through... I seriously cry my eyes out when I come out of the shower... better yet all day! And my hair did turn blackish blue and now its like sooooo red! I still cry and its good to know someone goes thorugh the same problem as I do! Anyway, I try to wash it everyday but all this shampoo and washing my hair is making way to dry! I see the water turning a brownish colour so I get all excited thinking its going to come out but I never does!
    I died my hair 3 nights ago! Soooooo just know I am searching what I can do to get it out on Google... and there have been many experts talking about L’Oreal’s Color Zap! I am going to try it tonight... and you should try it too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Eyelashes Are Horrible [ 22 Answers ]

I have naturally curly eyelashes that grow in all weird directions. They won't go straight at all and I comb them and everything. I try to use mascara to make them look longer, but it just clumps together and looks awful. How can I get them to be straight ?

3 year old with horrible tantrums [ 47 Answers ]

I'm writing this question for a friend of mine who has a 3 year old son. She is at her wit's end with his tantrums and is starting to wonder if they are normal or not. Since I'm not a mother yet I don't feel I have enough experience to judge that, but maybe someone here has an opinion? Here are a...

Horrible husband [ 7 Answers ]

My friends husband has signed over their home to his father in an attempt to hide the equity they have in their home in the divorce settlement is this legal? He also was charged with assaulting her and is now under a two year restraining order which gave her the marital home to live in during that...

Horrible smell in kitchen [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. I live on the third floor of a house. We have a horrible smell in the kitchen. It comes and goes. It seems to be at its worst when it is damp, humid or if it rains. I have no idea where it is coming from. Sometimes it is so bad, you can't even stay in the room. We don't have a...

View more questions Search