Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ahoward58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Grounding above ground pool
    I know that I have to ground my above ground pool with a #8 solid ground wire. My question is can the wire run along the bottom of the pool or does it have to run along under the top edge of the pool. Once the wire is run I intend on filling in around the pool with soil, weed block and small rocks. Is this going to be a problem if it is OK to run the wire along the bottom. The wire will be coverd up by the soil, rock, etc.
    AltaVista Posts: 70, Reputation: 12

May 8, 2007, 02:54 PM
    Hi, I do architectural design and had this link in my reference files - hope it helps!

Above Ground Pools

I would strongly suggest that you contact a licensed electrical contractor or even your local building code office for absolute confirmation about what's required in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Above Ground Pool Setup [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to set up a new 24' Above Ground Pool and could use a little Advice. I am going to be using foam board instead of sand, will I still need to dig up all existing grass or can it just be killed out. The only reason I would like not to disturb the ground very much is that it is very level...

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

Removing Above Ground Pool [ 6 Answers ]

I have an above ground Pool which is over 5 years old and probably 15 x 30 oval shaped.I have no manuals since the pool came with the house. I want to get rid of the pool. It is full of water at this time. I am absolutely not a handy man. Please tell me what is the easiest and cheapest way to get...

Above ground pool filters [ 1 Answers ]

Which is better a sand filter or a cartridge filter?

Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty. Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.

View more questions Search