Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0TARA0 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2007, 09:28 PM
    SOS again
    I just wanted to say thank you for all the post but another problem when I arrived today at my house my daughter was drinking my hubbys whiskey she went to her room and stayed there maybe passed out. Sex and now Drinking! Please help...
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 6, 2007, 10:05 PM
    What did you say to her when you saw her drinking whiskey? And why don't you know what she was doing in her room? You said she "may be passed out". Didn't you check on her? You need to deal with it head on. It's only going to get harder not easier. You should seek professional help immediately. Don't delay. You're daughter needs help and if you have younger children in the household then they do not need to learn bad behaviour from her. You cannot do this alone - you owe it to yourself, to your daughter, and your family but mostly your sanity.
    PS. Either get rid of the booze or lock it up!
    MicheleEB Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

May 7, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Agreed, don't wait any longer, sounds like she needs serious professional help. Lock up the booze, get to a hospital, because they can tell you what kind of services are available in your area. She may need some sort of treatment center.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2007, 10:32 AM
    OMG, your 13 year old daughter is having sex, now drinking Daddy's booze?

What other kind of upheaval is going on in your house that may want her to do this? Why is she being left along long enough to be able to get into this kind of trouble?

Your family is in dire need of some intense family counseling, I hope you get it.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
    All good advice above. Get counseling. Lock up (although I say get rid of) the liquor. If this is a first time thing though I certainly wouldn't blow it way out of proportion. How many stories of "I snuck into my parents liquor cabinet" have we heard? There may or may not be serious reasons behind her doing this, it could be just plain old dumb teenage curiosity. The fact is kids are drinking and having sex at an earlier age then they used to. So, I would definitely tackle head on but I wouldn't assume she has some dire problems either. Although, I would really rethink her being alone... maybe being alone too long caused the boredom that led her wandering into trouble. Idle hands are the devils playground.

I think it would be obvious at this point that she has certainly lost the privilege of any freedom. Someone needs to be with her at all times. If you both must work get her into your local Boys & Girls club, or YMCA or some after school supervised program. Pick her up and drop her off at school, don't even make a quick run to the store and leave her at home. Let her know that there will now be at home alcohol urine tests. For those times when she is (hopefully) at school.

Our school here has a kind of watch list if you will of at risk students. You might want to check and see if they have anything like that in your area. They don't babysit but they will keep an extra eye on them to make sure they are in class and not leaving campus during breaks and lunch.

Family counseling!! This isn't just her problem that she needs to be taken to the therapist for, you all need to be deeply involved. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchenaid SxS Not Getting Cold SOS! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kitchenaid side by side refrigerator that is approximately 7 years old. It has always ran perfectly. We noticed the ice was kind of melty this morning and sure enough things are defrosting. I emptied the freezer and took off the large metal panel that covers the fan. The fan is running...

Astr sos! [ 1 Answers ]

ASTR SOS! Need help to prepare for test! Please help me try to answer the following 3 questions: 1) You awake at sunrise and watch the heavens for several hours, allowing you to quickly amass the following information A) The Sun rose due east that morning. Winter has just ended. B) The Sun is...

View more questions Search