Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2024, 05:05 AM
    The threat of the luxury hand bag monopoly.
    You know the Federal Government is too powerful when they act on the economic threat of a merger between 2 large high end fashion accessory franchises.

FTC Moves to Block Tapestry’s Acquisition of Capri | Federal Trade Commission

The FTC sees the threat to “accessible luxury” and the “affordable” handbag market. This would be handbags that sell in excess of $100 /bag .I'm thinking that the many brands of REAL affordable handbags sold at Walmart will not be impacted by the merger.

What this merger really does is make them more competitive with international companies like LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE which has an iron grip on the luxury market. And advancing the best interest of American companies is not in the plan.

'American LVMH' Dream Dims Due to FTC Lawsuit (wwd.com)

Already the merger has been approved overseas . The US government leviathan is the hold out. Regulators regulate . That is their purpose in life .The leviathan is a hammer and everything looks like a nail to them.

Check out some similar questions!

How could a man who live with his daughter be able to own a Luxury car? [ 7 Answers ]

Man who lost his place had move in with his daughter and her family.He is driving a luxury car .He is on disability and was military reserve.

What to expect when travelling on luxury jets? [ 1 Answers ]

What to expect when travelling on luxury jets?

Luxury edition book [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows a place where I could order a luxury edition of a book, in this case The Temptation of St. Anthony by G. Flaubert. I tried searching the web but I have had no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated!

When did luxury items become a right? [ 194 Answers ]

There was a time in the USA not that long ago when people paid for their own medical care. If they couldn't pay for a doctor, they either went into debt or they had to rely on the generosity of the medical professionals. Over time, some bright person came up with the idea of medical insurance:...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.