Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2023, 02:44 AM
    coal and the green new steal
    My favorite gumshoe reporter ,Selena Zito wrote about the effects of cental planning out of Washington's decision to "kill coal" on the Appalachia people of Pennsylvania .
    Biden to Release Regulations to Kill Coal Plants - IER (instituteforenergyresearch.org)

She writes about the town of Cheswick Pa ;a town that was more than adequately serviced by the the coal fired Cheswick Generating Station . Coal was mined 60 miles from the plant ;cleaned and shipped by barge along the Allegheny River to the plant.

The plant had a bulls eye on it from envirowackos and was shut down 2 years ago . She was there to report about the controlled demolition of the 2 towers of the plant.

She reports that in it's time the plant had a payroll of $ 9 million a year for it's 60 employees. That is an average of $150,000 a year in salary and benefits That money filtered down into the community as the plant workers patronized local business and were a key part of the tax base for the town.

She reports that as the US caters to the envirowackos and shuts down it's coal operations ;China is building coal infrastructure .

In late 2022, the Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air said China is on track to build 43 coal-fired power plants and 18 blast furnaces powered by coal over the next few years to support the country's economic expansion -- a coal boom that does not coincide with that country's pledge to go carbon neutral.

There was a time she writes when local politicians would've stood as a barrier against such policies.

The day after the implosion of the towers, most of the hierarchy of the Democratic Party in this state was marching in the Pride parade in Pittsburgh. As far as I could see, none of them came to this spot to reassure the people who live, work and pray here that the officials have their back and would move mountains to make sure something would replace what they lost.

Salena Zito: Democrats abandon the blue-collar worker in favor of 'social justice' warriors (buffalonews.com)

Check out some similar questions!

Inflation Reduction Act (IRA)/ American protectionism /Green New Steal [ 12 Answers ]

Calling it an inflation fix was always a big lie . Senator Joe Manchin has got the either be the dumbest Senator ever(and that title is reserved for Clueless Joe) ;or he is a liar when he acts like he is shocked shocked that he was played by Schmuck Schumer and Clueless Joe. 'I would vote to...

Is my bfs ex trying to steal him from me? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost a year, his ex moved back to the area and I started feeling like there was still something between them. So I asked my boyfriend about it. He assured me that they were just friends. About a week later I met her with him in a store, she ran up and gave...

Lie and steal [ 3 Answers ]

My child has HDHD. He will turn 11 this month. He steal, and lie. Wrote on a public building walls, and lied about it.(camera showed him). Stole few things from 3 different friends.( I asked why, :he wanted it very much, after denying it for a while) now he is punished, can't go to friends. But...

Coaking coal [ 1 Answers ]

What ia a coaking coal?:confused:

How was coal created? [ 2 Answers ]

I am curious about how coal was created far below the surface of the earth. I have always thought that somehow it was compressed vegetable matter and if that is correct, how did it get covered so deeply?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.