Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chasem1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2007, 09:55 AM
    My ex won't refinance his car
    I have been divorced for over 2 years. The divorce decree stated that he is responsible for his car, and I'm responsible for mine. I have refinance my car (so only my name is on it), but he has not. His car still has my name and his name. I have contacted the finance company, but they say there is nothing they can do. I have sent them a copy of my divorce decree. He hasn't made a payment in two months and now they are calling me. Is there anything I can do? I do not have an address for him. He moved out of state. Please help!!
    millec Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2007, 01:19 PM
    When me and my boyfriend were together he lost his license (legally), so he gave me his car, the title and registration were in my name. When we broke up he took the car but never got the car registered in his name or the title in his name (because he's not suppose to be driving). I went to the police department to see what I needed to do to clear my name from the car because I had been told that I could possibly be held responsible if it was involved in a hit & run or any other criminal act. The police officer reported the car stolen. I'm not sure what you can do in regards to the financial situation but if you report the car stolen (if you can get the VIN and you should be able to get that from the finance company since they are expecting for you to pay) it will send notice to his insurance company and the DOV and the tag office. His insurance & registration will be cancelled until the matter is cleared up. I'm pretty sure he'll make an effort to contact you then. I might not be 100% correct but that's what happened in my situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How soon can I refinance [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know how soon can you refinance once you purchase a property. I have heard different answers; one being you can refinance the next day, four to six months, once your credit score is higher. I currently have a ARMS loan and would like to know how soon can I refinance.

Refinance [ 2 Answers ]

Our 1rst mortgage is a 5 yr ARM which will expire in about a year and a half. Our house has increased in value approx. 150 - 200 thousand $s. We bought it for 280 and owe about 195. We owe about 39 on our home equity loan. We want to pay this off, and we are in need of approx 75 thousand more....

How soon can you refinance after escrow? [ 5 Answers ]

To get a lower interest rate do you have to wait a certain period to refinance a home after escrow close? Or can you refinance right away? I live in California. Thanks

Should I Refinance [ 1 Answers ]

Work's been tough the past year and I got behind on my mortgage as well as evey other bill. I HAVE ABOUT $35,000 WORTH OF EQUITY in my home. I was wanting to cash out $25,000.00 to catch up and finish a few projects around the house. Here's my problem. I've shopped around and since I've been...

View more questions Search