Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carolyn Lee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2016, 10:30 PM
    Little Dark Pony
    I'm wondering where Odieyama got the transcript of the story of "Little Dark Pony," and where the story originated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2016, 09:23 AM
    Odieyama answered the dark pony question in November, 2010, over five years ago. Odieyama is no longer posting on this site. Call or visit your local library to ask about Dark Pony and Sleepy Town. I am a retired librarian and will also check and report back in this thread.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 13, 2016, 10:03 AM
    It's a folk tale and was added to an elementary school reader, copyright 1946. Here's a link to a blog post and comments about it:

Love During Wartime

Here's another (better!) link:

Dark Pony Designs: Dark Pony: The Original Folk Tale

Apparently, there are still used copies of that reader for sale. Amazon indie vendors may have copies available, plus biblio does:

The New Our New Friends & Jane 1951 Dark Pony / Sleepy Town by William S Gray; A Sterl Artley; May Hill Arbuthnot; Keith Ward [Illustrator]; Evelyn Copelman [Illustrator]; - 1951

Be sure, if you purchase a copy, it's the correct one that contains the "Dark Pony" story.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name this My Little Pony please [ 0 Answers ]

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Vampkin/Picture0038.jpg Official My Little Pony, stamped 2003 Hasbro. Please tell her name?

Anyone know the name of this pony cartoon? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm sorry to ask this horrible question, but I can't seem to find the answer. I am looking for the name of a particular cartoon. I think it was made in the 80's. I don't believe that it was a series, just a movie. Any who, all I can remember was that it was about flying ponies who lived in a...

Young pony [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have a 6 mo old filly pony that we got free and we have worked with her daily the problem we have is you can't touch her ears at all she totally freaks out like she tries to bite and rears up. The same with her feet she will literally lay down if you pick up her legs. We have other...

Pony and friends ds [ 2 Answers ]

How do you sell your ponies? So you can start fresh.

View more questions Search