Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninasimmons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2015, 07:56 PM
    Restitution
    How can I go back to court to reduce my restitution to move to another state
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2015, 08:25 PM
    You can try... but your chances are very, very slim it will happen. You owe the money to someone... its your obligation to repay it. No matter what it takes. That's part of the punishment. Otherwise you would be victimizing them twice.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2015, 05:55 AM
    Hello n:

Owing restitution ISN'T a reason for turning you down for a move.. If you wanna move, read my treatise on how to do it at the top of this forum.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2015, 02:30 AM
    You will not be able to reduce your restitution. That is the damages you did to another person. You do need to show a plan to repay this money. That is what PO's and the person you did damage to, wants.

This should not be any reason for them denying your move. (unless you have not paid a penny to them for some time)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2015, 08:31 AM
    Hello again, n:

Like the good jailhouse lawyer that I am, I looked again, and came up with a solution.. You CAN get it reduced. Here's how..

You're paying once a month and the guy is getting it once a month... If you offered to pay him a lump sum representing, say 75% of the principle, and he ACCEPTED it, it'll be over.. I dunno how much you owe, or how much you have - if anything... But, you might even be able to reduce the balance by HALF.. Money talks!

You may be prevented from contacting your victim, but your lawyer can.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restitution [ 3 Answers ]

How much interest can they charge on a victims restitution?

Can I get help with my restitution [ 0 Answers ]

Is it possible at the end of my probation which is 4 years with restitution of 28,000 that if its not paid I will have to go to jail I never been in trouble before this and all I did was did not put my husband on my childcare paperwork... I have been on probation almost 4 years and I have never...

Iowa law on restitution can they law suit money for restitution [ 1 Answers ]

If you na law siut can they take that money and aply it to your restitution

What happens if I can't pay restitution? My restitution is $500,000 , 4,200 a month [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court and in court they asked for restitution in the amount of $500,000, in court the judge said no she couldn't grant it, there was no way I could pay that unless I won the lottery. Well I go to jail get my probation papers and the restitution is on there I'm ordered to pay the 500,000...

View more questions Search