Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CraigSS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2015, 09:29 AM
    Red Spider Mites
    I have citrus trees that I put outside for the summer and bring inside for the winter. I have seen more and more these minute red spiders that have a fine web and hang in the sunlight during the day. I vacuum them up but each day there are more. I have sprayed and that seems to kill what is there but after a few days more hatch and slowly descend in the sun light. I do not see evidence of them on the underside of the leaves but there is an over abundance of them on a day to day basis. There is evidence of webbing right where the leaves and the stems meet. Are these spider mites?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 18, 2015, 02:26 PM
    They may very well be Spider mites. There are several dozen species.

To get rid of them, buy a full sized cigar. (you can get Antonio y Cleopatra at any convenience store) Soak it overnight in a gallon of water. In a 1 quart spray bottle, add a tablespoon of unscented dish detergent (NOT SOAP) and a tablespoon of baking soda then pour in some of the tobacco tea (discard the cigar and save the liquid for refills). Mist the plants each morning for 2 weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best way to get rid of spider mites [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way to get rid of spider mites

What do spider mites look like [ 2 Answers ]

What do spider mites look like. The things I saw in my house are clear with a brown cross. The legs were at the front of the creature and there was a fork at the tail.

Red spider mites around window reveals [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get rid of red spider mites from window reveals. We do not have any plants that may attract them. Red brick facings on outside of house with cavity and blockwork internal construction, with plaster over.

Spider mites in our house [ 3 Answers ]

We have spider mites all over the inside and outside of our house. We have no house plants and no landscapeing outside. A friend in the bug biz. Says they sometimes are in the lumber when they build new houses and get in that way after a while. I have a baby and don't want to risk her health but...

Spider Mites in House [ 1 Answers ]

I have spider mites around the windows of my house. I don't have plants inside or out. I have an exterminator and I have tried the alcohol, water and detergent mixture. They just won't die. They are less than before but I want rid of them completely!! Does anyone know how to get rid of them...

View more questions Search