Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jburchett1990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2015, 10:27 PM
    I need help and laws about using other peoples logos on my website with good intent
    I am building a website that is basically a library for where to download free software. I would like to know if a software is under a free license or copyleft, like GNU General Public License, can I use the logo for that piece of software on my website to link to there webpage that contains the download link without having to contact the developer(s).

Are there any laws or legal documentation that would allow me to use logos and names of software that is under a free license, as well as trademarked and copyrighted material if it is in good faith.

I am not at all trying to harm any organization but help them and my visitors connect.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 14, 2015, 05:44 AM
    Easiest answer is to get permission before offering a link. Software under a shareware license is probably OK.

I'm just curious has to how you expect to compete with long established shareware/freeware sites like Tucows and CNet, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What makes a good website? [ 6 Answers ]

What would you consider a good website? Rather ambiguous question I know, but I have created 4 or 5 websites and while they are "functional". None have really grabbed me as brilliant. (Which is down to me, I know) I am looking for comments on what users find attractive in a website. Not just a...

Website Design Lien Laws [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was contracted by a company that went out of business. The corporation we were doing the work for has our programming and has not paid the contractor and stated it was our problem to collect for the person how hired us. They gave the contract to the company that hired us and once payment is...

What would be a good theme for a new website? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everybody I am a retired executive wishing to add to my income by establishing a website offering information product/s to people who do not have time to do research to find answers to their problems. I would be very interested in having any suggestions from member/s of the community who...

Required good online website [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, Can help me in getting good online business which is paying good and geninue and where I can work part time

I need math Tutoring (any one know a good website) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello~ I was wondering if any of you all know a good High School Math Tutoring Website That Is Really Chape Or Free? I Need Help With Precents % Please Email or reply >Removed<

View more questions Search