Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 08:48 AM
    Pregnant or not? 15?
    Hi, I am 15 years old and my boyfriend and I had sex over 4 weeks ago, we used a condom but it broke. I have taken many home pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. I have not had any pregnancy symptoms at all and I have paid very close attention to my body. The thing is, my period is VERY irregular and it is not a normal 28-35 day cycle or whatever for example: In the past I would get my period for 7 or more days and then will not experience bleeding for the next 3-4 months, maybe two if I'm lucky. When I do get my period after missing it for several months I will have it for 10 or more days and then the cycle will just start all over again meaning I will not have my period until I miss 2 or more months of it. Before this incident, I have already missed one month of bleeding so my last menstrual cycle was from 6th may- 13th of May (8 days) I started my period when I was 14 which was last year and it has never been regular and I will never know when it was going to come. Anyway, since my periods are so irregular I was thinking that maybe I don't ovulate which means I can't get pregnant. I live in the UAE so going to the doctors is not an option since it is completely illegal there to have sex if you are not married. I was just thinking if you knew anyway to induce my period or to know for sure that I am not pregnant. I do not feel pregnant at all
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 30, 2014, 08:54 AM
    No way to induce your period but there is a way to not get pregnant. Don't have sex! You are too young and ill prepared anyway.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2014, 08:59 AM
    So, 15, what are these "pregnancy symptoms" I hear about. Just a point to make.. I'm 53... I'm never seen any one that has them. Most of them MEN , small children and very old people can have as well. You have only had your period for at most ONE year so far... (you said you started at 14)... and its not going to be more stabile for another few years. Even then many women never are stabile or regular with their periods.

You are making a HUGE amount of incorrect assumptions. And you should know... yes it is possible you are pregnant... so people ARE going to know you had sex.

There are ways to usually get your period into something that is close to being regular. BUt that involves going to a doctor. You can't do it yourself.

If you have not had sex since then... wait another couple weeks and take a home pregnancy test, (6 weeks after you last had sex) first thing in the morning, right after you wake up, and only read it during the time window the test says in the instructions, not hours later.

I assume you can buy them where you are. If you can't your options are go to a doctor for a pregnancy test... or wait 9 months and see and you will know for certain by then.

I agree with homegirl. If you are going to play adult games...expect to pay adult prices for it. Meaning having a baby. Nobody your age is mentally or physically prepared for that. Its easy to have one...very hard to deal with everything that comes after it.
    QueenLiz Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2014, 12:18 PM
    I had the same situation. I got pregnant at 15 and I didn't feel pregnant until the morning sickness came on. Missing your period is a big sign of pregnancy, but if you start throwing up in the mornings and you don't know why, you are probably pregnant. Take it from someone who knows.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2014, 12:23 PM
    Everyone doesn't get morning sickness... in fact most women don't.

Jul 30, 2014, 12:24 PM
    I haven't known a single pregnant woman who hasn't had morning sickness
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 30, 2014, 12:26 PM
    You never met my wife.
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2014, 12:26 PM
    And at the ripe old age of 16 you have known exactly how many pregnant women? And what does being single have to do with it?

Jul 30, 2014, 12:30 PM
    Nothing, what I meant was I don't know one or more pregnant woman who hasn't had morning sickness

single = only 1

DUH
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2014, 12:42 PM
    Read that again... it implies you know many and they ALL had it. English is my first language too. I understand the nuances in it.

Nothing, what I meant was I don't know one or more pregnant woman who hasn't had morning sickness

single = only 1

DUH

Jul 30, 2014, 12:49 PM
    I do know many, my cousin is pregnant with her second child, my mother's friend had a baby, my other cousin's girlfriend is pregnant. All of them had morning sickness, including me.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 30, 2014, 01:36 PM
    During the last stages of my wife's pregnancy we had a pre-natal class, 12 mothers. Out of them there was only about 5 who had morning sickness. My mom had morning sickness with my brother, but not my sister or myself.

You're wrong. Proof in like. QED.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 30, 2014, 02:31 PM
    I have had 4 babies and never had morning sickness. ;)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2014, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wika View Post
    Hi, I am 15 years old and my boyfriend and I had sex over 4 weeks ago, we used a condom but it broke. I have taken many home pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. I have not had any pregnancy symptoms at all and I have paid very close attention to my body. The thing is, my period is VERY irregular and it is not a normal 28-35 day cycle or whatever for example: In the past I would get my period for 7 or more days and then will not experience bleeding for the next 3-4 months, maybe two if I'm lucky. When I do get my period after missing it for several months I will have it for 10 or more days and then the cycle will just start all over again meaning I will not have my period until I miss 2 or more months of it. Before this incident, I have already missed one month of bleeding so my last menstrual cycle was from 6th may- 13th of May (8 days) I started my period when I was 14 which was last year and it has never been regular and I will never know when it was going to come. Anyway, since my periods are so irregular I was thinking that maybe I don't ovulate which means I can't get pregnant. I live in the UAE so going to the doctors is not an option since it is completely illegal there to have sex if you are not married. I was just thinking if you knew anyway to induce my period or to know for sure that I am not pregnant. I do not feel pregnant at all
    Hi Wika,

Since you don't have regular cycles, which is not uncommon during the first few years of having periods, you won't really be able to use that as a sign of a possible pregnancy.

You most likely are not ovulating in the cycles without a period, however, it is important to know that ovulation will occur first in a cycle then you will usually have a period within a couple of weeks after. Knowing that, you can become pregnant without seeing a period because you might have ovulated, became pregnant from sex around the time of ovulation, and wouldn't know if the lack of a period was due to an irregular cycle or pregnancy.Some women will feel pregnancy symptoms early on, but others do not. They can be quite obvious, or be passed off as pms, since some can be similar.

I too only had one day of feeling a bit queasy with my last pregnancy and nothing like that with any of the others, however, some nausea or actual vomiting is a common experience for many women.

Best not to try to induce a period since you don't know for certain about a possible pregnancy.

Since you don't feel that you can go to the doctor for a test, you are left with trying a pregnancy test every now and then... perhaps once a week until you have a period.

It would obviously be in your best interest to not take the chance of a pregnancy at your age due to the potential risks involved... including the legality of sex where you live.

IF it is a situation of thinking your boyfriend will leave you if you don't continue having sex, then let him leave since he would not be thinking of what is best for you. There are guys who would put your best interests first.

If you do decide to continue having sex, learn about the risks to you and to a baby. At least consider including another form of birth control for you to use along with your boyfriend using a condom. But understand that pregnancy will still be a possibility even with birth control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

I'm an adult and possibly pregnant--parents will kill me if I'm pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

Well I'm in my mid 20's still studying in a relationship (not engaged or married) have been together almost a year don't live together. My parents are very religious and my sister is their golden child she dated her now husband for many years before he proposed and even though they've been married...

I got my period this month, but I'm feeling pregnant. Ive been pregnant twice. [ 0 Answers ]

I been feeling sick for a week. I got my period 2 weeks early. I been tired, cranky, irritated, fustrated, and uncomfortable. I been pregnant 2x. I threw up today. And I been having hot flashes and a few cramps. As well as craving ice (a first) considering I hate cold things on my teeth. I took a...

View more questions Search