Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannahvf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2014, 12:39 PM
    Not sure if I should get a test
    My period this month was 7 days long and very painful in my back and pelvic area. It normally last 4-5 days 6 if its really light but this one was constant bleeding, and now here I am a few days later after the bleeding has stopped and I'm still having bad back pains/cramps and cramping in my lower ribs and pelvic area. Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex and has came in me multiple times these cramping and the long period is unusual for me. Does it sound like I should take a pregnancy test?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2014, 01:22 PM
    Constant bleeding, and being very painful, are not usually associated with the early bleeding in pregnancy that some women might have. Were you having unprotected sex in the week or two prior to this bleeding? Pregnancy may be a possibility, it could be an early loss of a pregnancy, or it could just be an off period, which can happen sometimes.

See what happens when you would expect your period for August. You could certainly try a test sooner, or see your doctor for a blood test, if you still feel that pregnancy might be possible, or if your discomfort continues or gets worse.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jul 22, 2014, 01:26 PM
    While taking a pregnancy test is always a good things there are a few things that need to be observed so that you don't just waste your money. The first is that you had a period. That is usually natures way of telling you didn't get pregnant. There will be some periods that will just be awful for you and there isn't any thing that you can do about it. Normalcy of your period is a strange concept, most will be the same until you get one that is different. I know that doesn't really mean much but it is the honest truth.

Back to the test, the best time to take a test is about two weeks after a missed period. I think you would have to wait until September at this point for that.

Are you trying to conceive?

Jul 22, 2014, 11:18 PM
    wevehad unprotected sex for about 4 months now and he came in me two days before and the day before I started bleeding ill when I was inserting my tampons the top of my vagina was sensitive to pressure which I've used tampons my ever since I got my first period and have never had that sensitivity to them I've been off my period for four days now and the cramping has settled down a bit but still kicks in at random we aren't trying to conceive but obviously not trying to stop it from happening I also noticed a white creamy discharge when I was using the bathroom I've never been lpregnant so I have no idea what it feels like or if the things I'm going through could be some signs of pregnancy I don't think so but I may just get a test when I can to be sure
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 23, 2014, 12:29 AM
    Does not sound like pregnancy at all. But you can wait till about 2 week after your period and do a test. Normally no period, is the sign you are looking for

Does not sound like pregnancy at all. But you can wait till about 2 week after your period and do a test. Normally no period, is the sign you are looking for

Jul 23, 2014, 08:37 AM
    Ok thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass my ETG test if I drank two 40z beers on Friday test is on Monday [ 2 Answers ]

I had 1 and 1/2 40 oz beers ( Thurs) finished at 2am Fri. Then drank the rest of the 1/2 40oz Friday finished at 4 pm.. Will I pass my EtG on Monday at 7pm?

Will I pass an EtG test if I had 6 beers Friday night and took a drug test Monday [ 0 Answers ]

Will I pass an ETG test that was sent to a lab , if I drank 6 beers Friday night till about 12am then took the EtG test Monday at about 10pm...

I had a aic sugar test today and my test cam back high it was 6.2 do I have dieabets? [ 1 Answers ]

I have poly cystic ovary and I have been on sugar pills for high insulln levels and now I'm on blood pressure pils because my blood pressure is always high.I wanted to know if I have dieabets because my aic came back as 6.2 today I go back to dr next week when she gets back *** help me

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate:a scalp hair test or a body hair test? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate: a scalp hair test or a body hair test. We have 2 test that were taken on the SAME day & 1 shows positive for methamphetamine and 1 shows negative. It should show negative! We are at a loss as to how a test that is so accurate has 2 different...

View more questions Search