Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    williamdep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2014, 07:06 PM
    Troubleshooting harley
    My harley 1999 sportster sport runs great... problem is when I put it on reserve it dies out and is hard to restart... if I fill it up again... it runs excellent... I am thinking it has something to do with the carb float or one of the jets... any ideas? Much appreciated. Wpd
    williamdep Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2014, 05:22 PM
    I found the vacuum tube to the pet cock was disconnected... the rubber tubing on this bike needs to be replaced because after 14 years old it is dry rotting!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harley troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

Have sportster 1200 1989 cut out when rider out one time fuses click but will not fire bike up changed all fuses seemed to work then yesterday a mile from home cut out and same problem occurred fuses have all been changed checked for continuity all good shake bike and some times will spin over...

Harley troubleshooting [ 0 Answers ]

Have a 2003 softail 1340 have oil coming out of carburator

Harley troubleshooting? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2004 electra glide that's sputtering

Harley troubleshooting? [ 1 Answers ]

2001 roadking missfires at cruising speed code is 56 cam crank sensor timing changed both sensors and still the same have gear drive cams so no chain plugs are black??

Harley troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! My bike sat in climate controlled storage for 8 months. 800 miles on it. The battery was dead and wouldn't take a charge from my trickle charger. A bike shop across the street from storage (they don't work on Harley) hooked it up to their trickle charger and it read 70%. When you click the key...

View more questions Search