How do I find if a compound has iron in it
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 17, 2013, 01:48 PM
    With a magnet.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2013, 02:18 PM
    Not all iron containing materials are magnetic. Series 300 stainless is not, yet has 50% or more of Iron. In a chemical formula it would be Fe. What type of "compound" are you talking about. Common terminology for Iron bearing compounds would perhaps say ferrous, ferric, ferrite etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to undo a cast iron iron plug ? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remove a cast iron plug from a cast iron drainage clean out behind the bathroom in an 80-90 year old apartment building to unclog the drainage. The plug is so tightly set that despite heating with a torch and liberal applications of WD-40, use of a big pipe wrench and a lot of elbow...

How do I repair a table damaged by a steam iron used to iron towel [ 3 Answers ]

I placed a folded towel on my wood table to iron a shirt and used a steam iron on high, unfortunately when I finished, when I removed the towel the damage was done the color and varnish had faded from my table, I suppose the steam lifted the stain onto the towel... HELP!

Calculate the mass of 2.50 mL of iron. (density of iron is 7.35 g/mL) [ 1 Answers ]

Calculate the mass of 2.50 mL of iron. (density of iron is 7.35 g/mL)

Mass of iron in iron tablets redox titrations [ 1 Answers ]

what is the equation for the rection between potassium permanganate and iron oxide in the redox titration to decipher percentage by mass of iron in iron tablets and how do I get the answer from my titration ressults? Cheers

Difference between Iron palm and iron fist [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me some info on the difference between Iron Palm and Iron Fist training? And also just some overall wushu reference pages and stuff would be appreciated.

View more questions Search