Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amy Kaminsky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 05:31 PM
    Three felonies, recovering addict -- what can I get a degree in?
    I have 3 felonies for possession, ad a recovering addict, I now want to further my education. However, I'm concerned what I'll be able to also get employment doing once school is completed? Some advice would be great, I don't want to waste my time? Thank you?!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 6, 2013, 05:54 PM
    You aren't limited in what degree you can get, but you are very limited in jobs you can get.
    So this question isn't really cut and dry except for all jobs in the medical or drug dispensing fields being out of the question, starting at the bottom with nursing aid or pharm tech.
    Banks won't hire, or just about any money handling.
    Teaching/working around minors is out.
    With 3 felonies, I would go back to school only part time, one course or two, while trying to get jobs in half way houses, rehab centers, and advocacy groups. You can work towards a counseling career, as many others do, and how you do at your jobs while going to school will have a huge effect on what you can do with a degree.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2013, 02:40 AM
    Business, counseling, liberal arts, music, What is your interest

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am a recovering addict who relapsed [ 0 Answers ]

Hi Doc, Recovering addict with 3 years clean until I relapsed on Nov. 3rd in a big way. My addiction has always been with pain pills but I tried Heroin on Nov 3rd because I'm an addict. Here is the question: I did heroin on Nov 3rd. It was a half CC of I don't know. The guy who gave it to me...

My best friend is a recovering addict on methadone... [ 2 Answers ]

She had been a pretty heavy user for a few years, then last summer we did acid together when she couldn't get a fix and thus lead her into withdraw from heroin and started her recovery process. It was horrible but she eventually went home and got through it, after a month or two of feeling the...

Is there a tax reprieve for a bankrupt recovering addict who cannot pay backtaxes? [ 3 Answers ]

A recovering drug addict lost everything due to his addiction and his church is helping him gain back his life. However, he had not filed his income tax return for at least 3 years. That means that he owes IRS some money but he has no way of paying them off. He will not be able to successfully...

Is it OK for a recovering meth addict to drink? [ 1 Answers ]

Long story short... my mother-in-law, (who was a well rounded, middle class citizen), was addicted to crystal meth for about four years. She has been "clean" for about two years, but in the last month or two began drinking alcohol. It's not that she has done it in excess, (that I know of ) but...

View more questions Search