Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0610 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 09:23 AM
    Off implant
    I got took off the implant in my arm over a month ago I have don't hadn't first period now it's about a week before I'm due for my next. On my ovulation days me and my fiancé had unprotected sex. Now a week later my lower stomach is hurting it almost fills like cramps this has been going on for 3 days now and I've not had any bleeding. Can I be pregnant?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 09:56 AM
    How do you know what your ovulation days are?

You have to do a Basal temp chart and keep one for over a year...

Those cell phone apps are worthless.

Aug 5, 2013, 10:20 AM
    I had sex the whole week that I should have been ovulating. And I went on a pregnancy sight an typed in my last period and it gave me a weeks range. So I'm not sure but either way I had my period 3 weeks ago. I'm just wondering why I've been cramping for 3 days with no blood?
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0610 View Post
    I had sex the whole week that I should of been ovulating. And I went on a pregnancy sight an typed in my last period and it gave me a weeks range. So I'm not sure but either way I had my period 3 weeks ago. I'm just wondering why I've been cramping for 3 days with no blood?
    Those sites are just as worhtless... women are NOT as consistent of celestial bodies...

You could theoretically put 28 women in a room that all share a common cycle... and theorretically have no two ovulate on the same day.

Statistically they group up a lot more around a certain time... but not nearly enough to assume anything.

Its also likely too soon... as the effects take time to wear off... its not instantaneous upon removal. But the odds do increase daily.

There are a lot of things it might be... but all anyone would be doing is guessing right now.

Aug 5, 2013, 10:57 AM
    Well my doctor said I could get pregnant the day I got it took out so I don't know just wondering if someone had the same problem
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0610 View Post
    Well my doctor said I could get pregnant the day I got it took out so I don't know just wondering if someone had the same problem
    Oh... it is possible... for a small percentage of the people ( so you have to plan and act accordingly)... but as the effects wear off the odds increase daily for a month or two before there are no lingering effects. Its not exactly like a light switch... more like a dimmer that's slowly turned up.

Aug 5, 2013, 12:35 PM
    Yea I'm just going to take a test in the morning it's probably still to early but It's driving me crazy not knowing why I'm cramping I usually don't even cramp on my period
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 01:07 PM
    Well... a positive result you can usually count on... but if its negative its always possible you are testing too soon... False positives are rare... false negatives aren't when testing early. Its all about how quick your body creates the hormone tested for at the levels the tests pick up.

Aug 5, 2013, 04:51 PM
    I'm hoping that will be quick because this is my 2nd child

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implant [ 0 Answers ]

I got the implant fitted have done for a few months have had periods but been feeling really ill upset stomach abf everythig feels like I have a bug but my stomach doesn't feel right at all what do you think?

Implant [ 0 Answers ]

I have had it for 2 and a half years and in the last 2 month I have been having bleeding nearly all the time is this normal or do I need to do something about it

Implant [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have been in the implant for almost 3 yrs its due out the 1st August,I've been wit my boyfriend for four months now, qnd I've suddenly from no wer my boobs have hurt and grown a bit plus got a little bump on my belly wiv in phew months, I've now started to become more hungry even when I'm...

The implant [ 0 Answers ]

I am meant to be having the implant fitted because the doctor kept telling me it was better then the pill. I don't really know much about it and have been reading reviews about it. All have which been negative and talk about depressive moods and weight gain. I have had weight issues in the past and...

Implant [ 10 Answers ]

I am considering on the "male dog implant" to stop the release of testerone on my 15 month male dog. Because my dog is not fully grown, I want to know if the implant affects the growth in dogs at all ? Also, how long does it take to show the affects from the implant; ie; sexual/ dominant...

View more questions Search