Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blkcthoney2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Purified vs. Distilled Water
    I am waging a battle with cancer and I get conflicting information as to which is best. Can anyone clarify this for me. Thanks so much!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2007, 11:48 PM
    Very sorry to hear of your situation.

You might want to try the following link:

The Life Extension Foundation Forums
    nikki_22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 10

Sep 20, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Absolutely distilled. Non-distilled water contains fluoride which studies have shown can cause cancer. A lot of people agree or disagree about this. That's just my opinion. There is a natural form of fluoride in speariment leaves, but that's not the kind they put in water. I would go with distilled personally just to be on the safe side.
    askahealer Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2007, 05:35 AM
    I don't have a strong preference between purified and distilled but, if you choose distilled, I'd look at taking a colloidal mineral supplement because spring water has naturally occurring minerals that are leached out in the distillation process.

I personally feel that alkaline water is best, not only for general health purposes but also for fighting cancer. Cancer thrives in an over-acid environment and most drugs, certainly including the ones doctors use to fight cancer, make the body ph acid. However, having said that, I'd also say that you'd need to check with your doctor before doing anything different than you are doing now, even changing your water.

Odd as it may sound, the medical profession may have some reason for not wanting you to bring your ph levels back to alkaline while in chemo or radiation.

Of course, I don't even know if you are taking the traditional medical route to address the cancer but if you are, check with the docs before changing anything.
    KM121009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 06:44 AM
    Distilled water. Distillation is a process by which water is boiled until vapor is produced. This vapor is collected and cooled until it returns to a liquid state. Because minerals are too heavy to be carried by the vapor, the resulting water is completely free of additives. A desalination plant is a perfect example of distillation- salt water is boiled, the vapor is cooled and collected, and the salt and minerals are left behind. However, distilled water is also very unpalatable in its natural state. Desalination plants must also add some minerals in order to make the water usable for general consumers.

Distilled water is perfect for applications where minerals and contaminants would cause problems. Distilled water can be used in irons for steam settings or as coolant for car engines. Because there are no minerals that can stain or build up, distilled water is mostly recommended for use in machinery and cleaning products. It is not particular good to drink distilled water, because it has a tendency to pull minerals out of the bloodstream
    And other areas. Distilled water is perhaps the cleanest version of bottled water available, but it is not good for human consumption.

Purified water. Purified water denotes a process by which contaminants and/or minerals have been removed from any water source. It could be tap water which has been forced through a charcoal filter or water treated with ultraviolet light at the grocery store. The designation 'purified' can be applied rather broadly, so a consumer should not be swayed by its use on a label alone. Distilled water is by definition purified, but it is not a good water for drinking. Spring and well waters may have been filtered or deionized or ozonated, which would make them pure by a looser definition.

There is some controversy surrounding the benefits of 'purified water'. Because the water may have been distilled for purity, it can leech out essential minerals as it travels through the body. Many soft drinks are made with purified water- a fact which disturbs many dieticians and health experts. Because of this natural tendency to pull minerals from the system, purified water is only recommended as part of an overall cleanse with a definite ending point, not as a daily rehydrator or replacement for other sources of water.
    MKathryn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Alkaline Kangen water is best as it is absorbed faster into the cells because it is micro clustered. It has a high ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential), has a negative ion charge of around -700. This means it is antioxidant, will flush toxins out of the system faster, make the natural supplements stronger and easier to be absorbed. Helps to reverse the acidic condition of the body faster.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Can one shut off water main valve but leave gas hot water tank on? [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I go away for two days and shut my main water shutoff valve can I leave my gas hot water tank on. I saw two answers To a similar question and one answer said you can leave it on and the other Said you had to shut it off. I am confused now as to whether I can leave the gas...

Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am...

Purified waters [ 4 Answers ]

Does distilled waters have disadvantages?What are those?

View more questions Search