Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    modernromance09 Posts: 93, Reputation: -1

Jun 11, 2013, 01:35 PM
    How can I lose weight with all of my intolerances/restrictions?
    Hi,

I'm a 23 year old female who unfortunately has gained over 30 pounds in the past 6 years. I'm not sure why because nothing has really changed except for the fact that five years ago I became a vegetarian and about a year ago I do my best to limit eating gluten, soy, and lactose due to a moderate to severe intolerance to each. I think my problem is I just don't know how to eat in order to lose weight. And I also need suggestions on what to do for exercise. About a year ago I broke my fibula and reinjured it six months later. There still is pain and the doctors only suggestion was to give it time and if it doesn't get better I will have to get my fibula bone surgically removed. I also have pretty bad bunions so being on my feet for long periods and/or exercising can get quite uncomfortable/painful. If anyone has any suggestions on diet and/or exercise please let me know.

Thank you!

Heather
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2013, 02:47 PM
    I would do nothing without a nutritionist and an exercise coach.

Unless you have a hormonal or thyroid problem you don't gain weight unless you ingest more calories and/or exercise less.

What changed?
    modernromance09 Posts: 93, Reputation: -1

Jun 11, 2013, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I would do nothing without a nutritionist and an exercise coach.

Unless you have a hormonal or thyroid problem you don't gain weight unless you ingest more calories and/or exercise less.

What changed?
    Nothing has really changed. I used to drink a lot but now don't even do that. I drink once a week at most and do my best to avoid sugary drinks. I don't exercise much but I have a somewhat physical job working with dogs I am constantly moving for about 8 hours a day. I've never cared for sweets so it's extremely rare for me to eat them. I am stressed but I'm just a naturally stressed out person and haven't been experiencing too much more stress than usual. My sleep schedules all over the place but once again that's something I've been experiencing my whole life. I'm not sure if it's just me getting older or what it is very frustrating though.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Jun 12, 2013, 08:12 AM
    If your condition permits cycling and if not pranayam is the best option. Kapalbhati will burn the calories. Anulom vilom and other simple yoga can help you lot. Sprouts and lentils will give good nutrition.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2013, 09:26 AM
    I think you need a nuitritionist and perhaps a physical therapist, not forever, just to work out a routine for you. You obviously cannot stress your leg in any fashion.

Vegan diets are difficult to manage without outside help, and you need protein.

I lose weight when I am not getting enough sleep. I also know that if your sleeping habits vary it is possible your mealtimes are varied, too, and you grab what you can, when you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 16 and I am over weight I weight 216 pounds what can I do to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 and I weigh 216 pounds I want to lose weight I cut down on my junk food and on my sodas and juices I exercise about once a week because I am to busy doing homework but it seems not to work I can't lose weight even if I cut down on all my junk food I need help I want to lose a least 60...

How much good fats can I eat a day in order to keep my weight or lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost 4kg with a 21 day sugar/carb free diet to break my sugar addiction. After that I've kept really healthy and off sugar and carbs but sometimes I get so hungry like today, I ate 250gr of nuts which have 1200 kcal plus 5 tablespoons full of coconut oil plus 1 1/2 avocados, eggs, chicken and...

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Restrictions this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this [ 1 Answers ]

I'm getting this error when I click the cintrol panel and my network place etc..

View more questions Search