Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tamalah71812 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 03:30 PM
    Unprotected Sex during fertile period
    Hello, I'm Anne, 22 from Philippines I had unprotected Sex with my husband 3 days ago. I don't want to get pregnant so I panic. I took Nordette hoping that I could stop my tendency of getting pregnant. Is their any other chances that I could avoid the so called " unwanted pregnancy"? Thank you I badly need help.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Yes, there is. You could cut down your chances by not having unprotected sex. You could completely eliminate the chances of becoming pregnant by not having any sex at all.

Really, what are we supposed to tell you? You had unprotected sex... there's a chance you could get pregnant from it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 05:50 PM
    I'm assuming that Nordette is a morning after pill? If so, it can help prevent a pregnancy, but it's not 100%, just like any other method of birth control, and it shouldn't be used as a regular method of birth control.

You'll have to wait, see, hope and pray that the Nordette pill worked.

In the future, have protected sex to decrease the chances of pregnancy, two methods is best (pill and condom). But even then, pregnancy is possible, so be prepared, any time you have sex, there's a chance of pregnancy. That's the risk you take when you become sexually active.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 5, 2013, 07:29 PM
    How long after sex did you take the medication, the longer you wait, the less effective it is.

It is also not 100 percent effective.

There is nothing else you can do at this point.

1. I would assume if married you are having sex with your husband very often ?
    2. why are you worried about this one time?
    3. do you normally use protection ( condoms) are you starting any birth control pills regularly
    tamalah71812 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Hello, I have to see a doc this January 7, 2013 because I'm freaking scared. I told doc villaruel that I took nordette. She told me to stop taking nordette because I'm too young for if and I might get over doze for taking 8 round pills in a row. I have to take some test such as the ovulation test, the result is negative. For now me and my doc are both praying that the result for this 21th of January with be negative. I have to do this because at this moment I am secretly married. I admit we don't use condom nor pills we are really trying to have sex at a normal ways. But at this moment we messed up. But anyway guys that you so much for giving some answers.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 8, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tamalah71812 View Post
    hello, I have to see a doc this January 7, 2013 coz I'm freaking scared. i told doc villaruel that I took nordette. She told me to stop taking nordette coz I'm too young for if and I might get over doze for taking 8 round pills in a row. I have to take some test such as the ovulation test, the result is negative. For now me and my doc are both praying that the result for this 21th of January with be negative. I have to do this coz at this moment I am secretly married. I admit we don't use condom nor pills we are really trying to have sex at a normal ways. But at this moment we messed up. But anyway guys that you so much for giving some answers.
    If you are secretly married, and don't want to become pregnant, then why aren't you using birth control?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

Short period, missed period, unprotected sex, brown discharge am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so I'm on the pill and I had my period for about 3 days then took pills for 2 days I was unable to get to the doc and got my period for one more day I had unprotected sex the following day and my boyfriend went inside me I didn't take my pills for the rest of the month me and my boyfriend...

Sex two months in a row on fertile days, late but had a period, feel funny [ 1 Answers ]

What is the possibility of becoming pregnant if you had intercourse on your fertile days and day of ovulation? Because I had been trying to Conceive but wasn't paying attention to my fertile days so last month I had had intercourse 3 days of my fertile days the following month my cycle came on...

View more questions Search