Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aliyah123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2012, 04:27 AM
    Hyperpigmentation
    Hi,
    I am originally Asian from Pakistan. I have a problem with hyperpigmentation. I have light brown skin and tan easily in the sun. I have spent my teenage years under the sun constantly whether I was in England, Arabia or Pakistan. I don't spend so much time in the sun now... (I am in my 20's) but I have hyper pigmentation around my jaw (chin and above upper lip). The hyperpigmented area is about 2 or 3 shades darker and a more dull shade and the rest of my face is clearer and skin is brighter. Before it was not so obvious with foundation but I went on holiday in summer last year to a hot country and my hyperpigmentation has become a lot worse. In pictures, it is very obvious. I have noticed Asian people often have hyperpigmentation in that area but mine is now too obvious and I don't know how to get rid of it. I have a hard time finding the right foundation due to this. Since I have spent all my young years in the sun, I am wondering if that has somehow worsened it and made it permanent? I would appreciate any help. So far I tried about 3 microdermabrasions which made the rest of my skin much nicer but didn't have much effect on my jaw. They gave me a light glycolic face wash/mask which I have also been using couple of times a week but I don't feel its made any difference. I have heardof IPL or laser treatment but then people say with that it often comes back! I would appreciate any help... especially from someone who has combated the problem or someone who is a professional! :-) Thank you

Check out some similar questions!

Best treatment for HyperPigmentation? [ 29 Answers ]

Im of african/carribean decent. I've so far being doing glycolic peels, using black soap in the morning and a kojic acid soap at night. I also use suncream during the day. Does anyone know what else I can try. Ive been using that regiment for about 2 weeks, buts its not really doing it quick...

Best treatment hyperpigmentation? [ 0 Answers ]

I have skin discolouration all over my body, went to the dermatologist, did tests, skin biopsy, and referred to the clinic of 20 dermatologist experts, with no results. I have now had it since February 2010, after a very stressful time, and directly after the flu. I specifically had an itchy...

Hyperpigmentation and psoriasis [ 1 Answers ]

Hey pips I'm a new member for sho,well wanted to know if using Extra Claire Skin lightning cream is effective in banishing my pigmentation marks and acne psoraisis despite the fact that it contains hydroq:confused:

Hyperpigmentation & Self Tan [ 2 Answers ]

I have dark spots all over my face,forehead and upper lip. If I use a moisteriser with self tan then that makes dark spots worse? Is there anything out there I can use. Im already using a skin lightener that's not working?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.