Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rosamaria31 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2012, 10:25 AM
    Lonely, isolated, near bankrupt
    I hope someone can give me some suggestions.

I feel totally alone. I have very little contact with the few friends I have and in August I got laid off work so I have no money. I donīt go out to meet people and when I do, itīs forced.

Iīm near bankrupt and have asked my lawyer to file for an IVA. It scares me a lot, but itīs my fault entirely. I overspend when I have money and as I have lost my job, all credit cards are maxed out. Iīve been beyond stupid and cannot seem to organize my life.

I spent the past three years spending and the stress made me isolate myself even more, so now Iīm feeling very alone.

I hope someone can give me suggestions how to build up a decent life.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 14, 2012, 10:26 AM
    If you are THAT bad then file bankruptcy and start over with a clean slate.
    Rosamaria31 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 14, 2012, 10:57 AM
    Hi Curlyben,

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

We have gone through that possibility and I will keep my flat and car if I file for IVA. In three years I will become debt free if I stick to the agreement.

I just need some suggestions how to keep my sanity and build up drive to do something about my life.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
    What about volunteering somewhere, even if you just go to a nursing home and read to or chat with someone? Or volunteer at an animal shelter and brush cats or walk dogs. Old people and animals won't judge you and get too nosy into your life.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 14, 2012, 11:22 AM
    Bear in mind an IVA may NOT actually be the right course of action for you, especially if you have zero income!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do we feel so Isolated? [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter and I feel so isolated lately. It seems like every time we get together they seem so stressed out and a little hostile. The time we have is together is sad because they seem to be pushing my daughter and I away. I love my sister but she won't answer any of my phone calls anymore. I...

Finger isolated dry itchy bumpy [ 0 Answers ]

Painful isolated finger bumps and dry skin

There's a movie I saw in the 80's about a man isolated [ 3 Answers ]

In manhattan looking for help but there was no one around.There were empty streets,stores, etc,, can someone help

Isolated low pressure [ 20 Answers ]

My icemaker feedline broke. I replaced it. It originates from above the downstairs shower. After replacing the icemaker feedline I lost pressure in the shower. It is a Delta Monitor. Set to cold, I get barely more than a stream, as I advance to hot it slows to a dribble. I replaced the cartridge...

I'm pulling 7,000 kw/mo and have isolated the furnace as the culprit [ 1 Answers ]

By switching on and off breakers I isolated the furnace as the appliance pulling the power. When shut off at the thermostat, it is not pulling anything. It only pulls power if it is running. The air coming out doesn't seem to stay very warm, but the thermostat says it is getting to the...

View more questions Search