Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Steven50 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 12:06 PM
    Motion sensors
    Hi I have wired 3 montion sensors into my outside light so they will switch on depending on the direction somebody approaches them and they did work fine. However they have now started to stay on all the time and will only switch off if the total power is switched off. What could cause this has it been wired incorrectly I don't understand why it would just change.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2012, 09:09 PM
    If you have had a quick power outages and reset, the lights go into an ON mode. Turn the wall switch off for 2-3 minutes and then turn back on.What happens?
    shuntripper Posts: 180, Reputation: 8

Oct 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
    Sounds like at least one is malfunctioning, if the whole shebang worked properly at one time as you say.
    Now you have to disconnect all of them and test them one at a time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion sensors [ 2 Answers ]

Can you have two motion sensors to one light circuit, seven led 9w 240v, have you a wire diagram. Regards Robert.

Multiple motion sensors [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to have 2 possibly 3 motion sensors operating 1 fixture, is this possible without buying special sensors or logic?

Multiple motion sensors [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if this can even be done. I have some low voltage landscaping path lights that I want to come on when somebody approches the stairs. That part I have now problem running the motion through the GFI that kicks on the transformer. The problem is I need to have two motion sensors, this...

Motion sensors on 3 way switch [ 5 Answers ]

First I apologize for my terminology. I have a switch a the bottom of the stairs and one at the top of the stairs. They both control the same light fixture. I think this is called a 3 way switch? My real question: I bought 2 levition motion switches that state they work with 3 way switches. The...

View more questions Search