Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dixiejr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 09:29 PM
    Who to report a sexual abuse charge to years later in sc
    My son is 24 years old and has just confided in me that he was sexually molested while in the states foster care system when he was about 10. He doest know the people and Im not sure how to go about finding these people or how to go about reporting this. He did not go into detail just that the adult male in the foster home hurt him sexually. I am very hurt by this. I mean I should had seen this when he came back home. Can anyone help me. We are in South Carlina, thanks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dixiejr View Post
    My son is 24 years old and has just confided in me that he was sexually molested while in the states foster care system when he was about 10. He doest know the people and Im not sure how to go about finding these people or how to go about reporting this. He did not go into detail just that the adult male in the foster home hurt him sexually. I am very hurt by this. I mean I should had seen this when he came back home. Can anyone help me. We are in South Carlina, thanks.

You don't find the abusers - contact the head of the State's foster care system. They'll have records.

Was this South Carolina's foster care program?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I charge my adult sibling of sexual abuse in canada [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 34 yrs old female. I was sexually abused by my sister 3 and half years my senior since I was 4 to 12 yrs. Until recently I had accepted that I was abused and it was not my fault. As a part of my healing process I want justice that is why I want to press charges against her, but the abuse...

Can I charge my father with abuse from 20 years ago [ 3 Answers ]

My father physically, verbally, emotionally and psychologically abused my Mum, my brother and myself from the age I was 4 till 24. Watching him abuse and attack my Mum and my brother was bad enough, I tried to step in to stop them from getting hurt. My sister and baby brother virtually escaped his...

Sexual Abuse [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to figure out if I was sexually abused as a child. I read that Freud believed repressed memories could lead to personality disorders and suicide, and I am worried. My mother asked me and my sister when we were in our early twenties if we could remember being sexually abused as...

Too late to charge my father for sexual abuse? [ 13 Answers ]

I was sexually molested by my father from about. 1966 (age 8) to about. 1973 I want him help accountable for this Is it too late to have him charged? He also abused my older and younger sister. Younger sister will support me should I be able to charge him. The only evidence I have: A...

View more questions Search