Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomoiskool11 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 09:24 PM
    If I find out my friend cuts herself, do I tell anyone?
    I found out my girlfriend cuts herself. She has been doing it for quite sometime now she tells me. And she made me promise not to tell anyone. She is also starting to take large a mounts of typical Tylonal or Motrin painkillers. And she hardly eats. The only person I told was my mom. Should I tell her parents? Or would that make it worse?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 13, 2012, 09:49 PM
    I would find it hard to believe your mom did not already tell her parents, why not, have her do it. But if not, yes they need to know, she needs to get professional help.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 13, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Her parents need to know. She is harming herself. She may get mad at you, but you need to report it. If you don't want to tell her parents, maybe you can tell a teacher or counselor. You could also ask your Mom for some help. Cutting is a sign that someone needs professional help. You may be saving your friend's life. Let me know what you decide to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend cuts herself, what do I do? [ 35 Answers ]

I have a friend that is really close to me that I have known for awhile. I recently discovered that she cuts herself and I have no idea why. She told me she digs into her skin with her razor on her legs. And last night she apparently cut her forearms with a knife. I was speaking to her about it and...

I have a friend that cuts herself. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a really good friend that cuts herself. It makes me really sad whenever the topic comes up. But I decided that she really needs help and if I was a good friend I wouldn't sit back and just watch her do it. So I'm not. Im in the 8th grade and my friend is in the 7th. I recently just...

I think my friend cuts herself. Whom should I tell? [ 5 Answers ]

My friend and I are both teenagers, and we've known each other for few years but never been really close. She's a girl, I am a boy, and we go to the same school. We hung out yesterday, and I saw a series of cuts on her right forearm. They looked like deliberate cuts because they were perpendicular...

View more questions Search