Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jediknight005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 01:17 PM
    Do I have to pay taxes if I am a dependent?
    I am 15 years old and I work for my dad on his computer, fixing stuff for him, etc. At what amount of income do I need to start paying taxes?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2012, 01:20 PM
    Are you on your father's payroll? By law he must begin deducting for taxes, workers comp, that type of thing at an income level.

It's not what he's handing you for helping - it's what HE's declaring he's PAYING you that counts.

I would guess he has an accountant?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If you pay an independent contractor in india do you pay taxes [ 0 Answers ]

I am a self-employed home-based medical transcriptionist living and working in the U.S. I recently enlisted the help of a self-employed transcriptionist in India to do overflow work for me. I agreed to pay him once a month for the work he performs by transferring money from my bank account to his...

Must I pay taxes on the disability backpay payment? If so, how much do I pay? [ 2 Answers ]

I was approved for disability and was sent a large backpay disability check. Must I pay taxes on this check amount and if so how much?

I settle an account but they say from 3,390 I did not pay I have to pay taxes how muc [ 2 Answers ]

I owe to Bank of america the amunt $ 2,415.89 I settle the account for 700 abut 20 cents for a dollar, but they told me I will receive a 1099 form as an income. My question is how much I have to pay to IRS?

I pay $1 for LTD premiums after taxes and employer pays rest. Is my LTD pay taxable [ 1 Answers ]

I pay $ 1 for LTD premiums after taxes. My employer pays rest of premium for LTD for me. Will my LTD checks be taxable now that I've just been granted full disability?

Can I buy a used car in GA and pay GA taxes without paying taxes in my home state [ 1 Answers ]

Can I buy a used car in GA and pay GA taxes without paying taxes in my home state?

View more questions Search