Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjakamama444 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 11:51 AM
    ETG screen
    I drank 5-16oz. Beers over an eight hour period. I am a 52 yr old 5'3" female.I had to do an ETG urine screen 36 hours later! Great. What are my chances of passing with cut off level at 500ng/ml?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2012, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjakamama444 View Post
    I drank 5-16oz. beers over an eight hour period. I am a 52 yr old 5'3" female.I had to do an ETG urine screen 36 hours later! Great. What are my chances of passing with cut off level at 500ng/ml?
    Not good!

That is the equivalent of 10 standard drinks (US). After considering time for alcohol elimination to BAC=0 you would be in the mid 20 hour range for EtG clearance.

Your rate of consumption was low (8 hours) but it would still be near impossible to eliminate the EtG in such a short period.

Jun 5, 2012, 11:03 AM
    Just a quick update to my question as to whether I wouid pass the ETG test,cutoff at 500ng/ml , after drinking 5 16oz. Beers over 8 hours and dropping a urine sample in 36 hours. I actually passed even though you said I probably would not.. I am not advocating this kind of behavior and the stress I went through,with the extra hot flashes and more grey hair popping up than average,did not make it worth it! I am a 5'3" 52 year old woman in good physical shape. I drank a lot of coffee and water,not obsessively. How do you explain?
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2012, 11:34 AM
    I cannot explain! Even though I have no confidence in EtG testing it does seem that the test is even less effective than I anticipate, provides no where near the detection window represented in the majority of research and the 80 - 120 hour claims are simply absurd.

In your case after consuming 87 grams of pure alcohol there was no detectable EtG at 36 hours from last drink. This time is even more remarkable when considering that EtG peaks from 3 -5 hours later than the alcohol consumed. I'm not certain if that is a matter of accelerated metabolism or if the difference between 100 and 500 cutoff has been underestimated.

Could estimate grams per kilogram of body weight if you would furnish your weight but that will still not answer the disparity.

Just as in your case, those reporting back are passing at time intervals far shorter than the existing literature notes. Yours may the shortest however based on time and volume.

Jun 5, 2012, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    I cannot explain! Even though I have no confidence in EtG testing it does seem that the test is even less effective than I anticipate, provides no where near the detection window represented in the majority of research and the 80 - 120 hour claims are simply absurd.

In your case after consuming 87 grams of pure alcohol there was no detectable EtG at 36 hours from last drink. This time period is even more remarkable when considering that EtG peaks from 3 -5 hours later than the alcohol consumed. I'm not certain if that is a matter of accelerated metabolism or if the difference between 100 and 500 cutoff has been underestimated.

Could estimate grams per kilogram of body weight if you would furnish your weight but that will still not answer the disparity.

Just as in your case, those reporting back are passing at time intervals far shorter than the existing literature notes. Yours may the the shortest however based on time and volume.
    I weigh 130lbs.

Jun 5, 2012, 05:58 PM
    I weigh 130lbs.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2012, 06:19 PM
    At 130 lbs you consumed 1.48 grams per kilogram of bodyweight. It's this g/kg ratio that is used in many of the international studies.

Using that additional info I found only 1 individual that tested EtG clear under 40 hours and that was at 39 hours (but that was 100 ng cutoff). Borucki, 2005

You are unique. At any rate, glad you passed.

Added: To your knowledge did you have any type of urinary tract infection or yeast build up of any type?

Jun 5, 2012, 08:08 PM
    I am glad I passed as well and feel like it was a blessing from God. Unique or not, I do not wish to push my luck as I still have a few months left of treatment.I did not have any yeast build up or any urinary tract infection. I had some trouble with that when I was much younger. Thanks again for your help.

Jun 5, 2012, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjakamama444 View Post
    I am glad I passed as well and feel like it was a blessing from God. Unique or not, I do not wish to push my luck as I still have a few months left of treatment.I did not have any yeast build up or any urinary tract infection. I had some trouble with that when I was much younger. Thanks again for your help.
    I still think the fact I was drinking beer versus hard liquor had a lot to do with me passing.
    davelikesfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 01:31 AM
    I wonder if they test every sample they take. Maybe they only really make random tests of sample to save (or make more) money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Can I pass an ETG drug screen for alcohol with detox products? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a female, 115 pounds, I drank on valentines day (yesterday). 2 cups of champagne and about 1 beer. I stopped drinking before midnight and I have an ETG test for alcohol tomorrow by 5 PM. Do you think drinking a detox drink will help (effective last time and they don't test for low levels of...

Gateway mt3419 ultra bright wide screen lcd screen flickers? [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. My screen flickers and goes black. What can I do?

View more questions Search