Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    willuspankme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
    Electrical help
    Put new light switches in mobile home bathroom. One panel, two switches, controlling three lights. Old style switches, had a jumper between them. I could only get the switch that controlled two lights to work, until I added a jumper. Then all lights worked. So I thought. Now the switch that controls the single light, is always on. Other switch works fine. Turn off both switches, but the single light switch, the light does not turn off. Do I move the jumper? I installed one pole switches.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 28, 2012, 05:14 PM
    You need to put it back exactly how it was. If you can't or don't remember then you need to use a tester and find out which one is the hot feed. That will feed both switches. The other two wires are your switch legs (powered only when the switch is on), they obviously go one to each switch.

If you Google around I'm sure you can find a diagram showing one feed with two switches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toro Lawn Tractor : Electrical power not getting to the electrical clutch. How fix? [ 2 Answers ]

1992 Toro Lawn Tractor with excellent mtnce: The electrical power is not getting to the electircal clutch. What is the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks

Electrical [ 2 Answers ]

My bathroom plug doesn't work. I thought it way dead. When I tested it with a volt meter it's showing only 98 volts. Is my receptacle outlet bad? Thanks.

Can substandard electrical wiring installation at home produce electrical arching [ 6 Answers ]

Can substandard electrical wiring installation at home produce electrical arching? Then fire?

H.v.a.c. Electrical [ 1 Answers ]

I have a swamp cooler that is either on or off. I would like to control it with a thermostat. I need a list of components needed & maybe a schematic to help with installation. Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search