Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loveyouall Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 08:12 PM
    How to deal with co-worker that had badmouth about me?
    Yesterday, 2 of my co-workers got into a fight. (I just use the name Miss A and Miss B). This morning when I got to work, Miss B wanted to talk to me. So we sat down in a room and she started telling me how the fight got started. I just listened to what she had to say and didn't make any comments because I don't want to get involved. I thought that it's OK to let her vent it out. Then she started telling me that Miss A had bad mouthed about me to her. When I heard that I was really upset and hurt. Because all these years at work, I thought that Miss A is my friend, we been working in the same dept. For over 20 years. Although few years ago, I found out that she had badmouthed about me, but I put that behind me and carried on with our friendship. Since that time, I have kept a distance from her, not as close as we used to.

I was really upset and hurt, I felt betrayed by Miss A. I had talked to my supervisor about it. My supervisor told me that she and the manager knew about that Miss A had badmouthed about me and already had a talk with Miss A.

I'm not sure what to do cause I'm still mad at Miss A, don't feel like talking to her anymore other than work related stuff. But we work in the same dept.

I wished that Miss B hadn't dragged me into this and hadn't told me about what Miss A badmouthed me about. I'd rather be in the dark than to know so much... Can anyone give me some advice how to deal with Miss A ? Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2012, 08:19 PM
    I see that this is a long term working relationship, correct? However, it sounds like high school drama, and I'm sure you would agree with that.

What's the best thing to do? Hold your head high and don't feed into the drama. Be the better person and bite your tongue on this. Keep your distance even further from Miss A as it seems she likes the attention.
    loveyouall Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 10:15 PM
    Yes, it's long term working relationship and I totally agreed with you that the incident was like a high school drama. But I made it very clear when I was talking to my supervisor that I'm out of this.

What upset me the most is the bad comment Miss A said about me came around to me, and she commented something that I didn't do. It really hurts. Although I knew all along that she likes to bad mouth people, not only does it to me, but to other people as well, so I just ignore that and still keep our friendship. This is not the first time that her bad comment had came around to me.

I just can't get over this, I feel hurt... I don't know how to handle it anymore. I want to talk to my manager and let her know how I feel about this. I think it's about time to put a stop to the 'bad mouthing' business...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soc Worker argued with my boyfriend, he filed complaint, Worker now says he is unsafe [ 1 Answers ]

DCFS Worker is accusing my boyfriend of being abuse and threatening to take action about 'the children's situation' because the Worker herself started an argument with him and he argued back. The very idea of abuse is absurd. DCFS removed my Ex's visitation rights this summer. I am the...

A co-worker I don't like asked me out.how does one deal with the ensuing awkwardness [ 6 Answers ]

Hello people, I am dealing with an awkward situation in the workplace and I thought I'd come here for help. For the past four summers, I have worked for a firm that manufactures electronics. I like it there a lot. Well, about two weeks ago we hired a new guy, I'll call him Jake. I don't work...

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

Co worker [ 6 Answers ]

Co worker is telling lies, accusing me things that I am not doing. In general just trying to start crap because this person has a hatred of me. There have been comments and other things that were said about me or even too me. My way of dealing with this is to ignore and just concern myself with...

View more questions Search