Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apulanco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 01:51 PM
    The stadium shown in the figure below is constructed in the shape of an ellipse with
    Ellipse equation
    apulanco Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by apulanco View Post
    Ellipse equation
    The stadium shown in the figure below is constructed in the shape of an ellipse with major and minor axes 450 and 260 meters, respectively. Find an equation for this ellipse.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 27, 2012, 06:08 AM
    The basic formula for an ellipse is:

where a and b are the lengths of the semi-major and semi-minor axes, and are the coordinates of the center. This assumes the major axis is aligned with the x-axis and the minor with the y-axis. If the major axis is actually along the y-axis then b is the semi-major axis length and a the semi-minor.

Post back with what you think the answer is and we'll check it for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't figure out my face shape and I want to get my hair cut to suit my face [ 5 Answers ]

The measurements of my face are: Widest part of cheekbones (cheekbone to cheekbone) - 9 inches Widest part of jaw (widest part on the left to widest part on the right) - 8 inches Widest part of forehead (" ") - 8 inches Length of face - 7 inches It says my face shape is square but it...

Five particles follow the paths shown in the figure as they pass through a magnetic f [ 1 Answers ]

Five particles follow the paths shown in the figure as they pass through a magnetic field B, which is indicated by the dots or crosses in the figure. What can you conclude about the charge of each particle? (If your answers for charges of particles 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, are, respectively, +, 0, +, -,...

How to cancel in shape In-shape contract? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I signed up for a 3-year contract. The monthly payments are pretty pricey. And the gym isn't even open 24-hours. It has already passed 3 days and I told them I wanted to cancel my contract. They told me of only two things that can make that happen which is moving 25 miles away or death. Even if...

Stadium photography [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Fuji s9000 and I am having difficulty taking pictures at night baseball and football games---i am assuming it is backlighting---please help me with this so I do not have to buy a new camera Wayne:cool:

View more questions Search