Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    codlum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 06:54 PM
    Safety of social security deposits in a frozen bank account
    If a credit card company has a lien on my bank account, are my social security deposits immune, or can they take that also?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Has the bank investigated and do they know the sourse of the funds. Is there money from other sources mixed in. Have you filed a motion with the court to release the Social security funds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a judgment be placed on a Social Security bank account? [ 8 Answers ]

I have 2 debts with the same company - payments were taken out of my bank account each month - I had the automatic deductions stopped as I have been struggleing with my daily living, rent, electric, medications, etc. I am 75 and on Social Security only. This occurred approximately 2 months ago. ...

I am a senior on disability can my bank accont be frozen only deposits are pension [ 1 Answers ]

Maintenance enforcement is already garnishing my cpp disability can they freeze my bank account as well my total income is 1,188 per month and I need a checking account to move into seniors subsidised apartment this option will not be available to me without postdated checks I live in Calgary...

Can my Social security disability be garnished or my account frozen [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons for a credit card debt. I went to legal aid and they said I did not have to court. That the judge would file in favor of the creditor. I also owe state taxes can they garnish my social scurity disability. Could I go bakrupt withoutlosing my home and car... all that I...

Bank account levy.included cash deposits from unemployment and social security [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, an attorney in New Jersey placed a levy on my checking account. My income consists of Social Security and Unemployment. The amount levied, was all inclusive of my last direct deposit social security check of 8/26/09. I explained this to the attorney's office and sent faxes of my...

Social Security Garnishment and bank account [ 2 Answers ]

A Judgment/Transcript Civil Case This Judgment is to Notify You That: Default Judgment PLTF Date of Judgment 1/26/09Judgment was enter against myself and separately my wife for over two thousand dollars Two questions based on the following Court Ruling located in our web search. ...

View more questions Search