Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ridley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 09:14 AM
    ATM malfunction
    I went to the ATM put in my card pressed all of the buttons required for 300£ waited for at east five minutes for the money none came out,looked on my online account and find that they have taen 300£ out of my account,I phone up same day they said wait till the Monday,waited still no money in account,wait 12days now they say the money was paid out of the machine I know it was not,we are pensioners,and we have now lost 300£.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2012, 09:25 AM
    Do they videotape? Did you report the problem immediately and ask that the machine be locked down?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2012, 09:25 AM
    You will need to go in and talk to the bank manager. The balance the next day on the machine should show if money was taken or not.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 16, 2012, 09:30 AM
    You need to lodge an Official Complaint with your bank AND the owner of the ATM in writing,
    There are clear procedures that they must follow to investigate your claim.
    ridley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2012, 09:32 AM
    I reported the matter straight away and informed the police,but the have now finnished looking g into it and say it shows on their statements that the mney was paid out,I know it was not,
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2012, 09:56 AM
    That's why I asked about a video tape. Maybe the money WAS paid out, just not to you. Maybe the next person to use the machine. I don't know and neither do you.

Again - do theyvideo tape the transactions?

Some years ago I deposted money (long story, Christmas Eve) and it NEVER hit my account. Bank claimed it tallied, they didn't get the deposit.

Then they viewed the tape. For some reason I got the receipt but the machine spit the envelope (with the cash) back out at the NEXT person in line.

I've never used the ATM for a cash deposit since and never use ATM at all unless it's an emergency.

Write a complaint and file it with the bank. If that doesn't work, go to your State's Banking Commission. It might or might not help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Zillionz atm help [ 1 Answers ]

My zillionz ATM won't take bills!if you have a solution please tell me! Thanks!

Atm Card [ 1 Answers ]

I received an sms that if a thief makes you withdraw money at ATM, at gun point. The Pin No should be typed reversly For e.g.. 1234 shall enter as 4321. If it is done so it will alert the police. How far the message is true. How does it works.

Atm fraud [ 15 Answers ]

Can anyone give me any advise on how to find out what atm some one used my bank card o... I called the bank but they only gave me a street... SINCE EVERY ATM HAS A CAMERA I WANT TO SEE WHO USED IT... just in case its an emplyoee where I lost the card

Atm envelopes [ 2 Answers ]

How long should a bank retain atm envelopes for?

ATM withdrawals [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone confirm this. I don't believe it, but it has been making the rounds of the internet. We have all heard about people being forced to take money out of their ATM, by force from a robber. Supposedly, if you enter your PIN in reverse (4321 as opposed to the correct number of 1234), the...

View more questions Search