Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adinh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2012, 10:04 PM
    ask probability question
    From the Grand Final results, we can see that the probability of New Zealand showing Paper is 0:2. Given that
    each game is independent of each other and the probability of showing paper remains constant, if five games
    are played:

1. What is the probability that New Zealand shows Paper three times?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 4, 2012, 06:57 AM
    adinh:

Forgive my igmorance, but what does "show paper" mean?

Also - you say the probability of NZ showing paper is 0:2. Did you mean 0.2?

In general the probability of k events occurring out of n tries can be calculated using the binomial probability forumla. If p is the probability of an event occurring, then the probability that it will occur k out of n times is:

Laurenceuws Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 10:58 PM
    Excuse me Adrian Dinh, this is Laurence, the university cheating system alerted me of a questioned being asked online. This is an act of cheating and therefore 10% will be deducted from your final mark.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability Question [ 20 Answers ]

There are 38 cars sitting on Dandy Dan's Used Car lot. 14 are SUVs, the rest are sedans. If we select 7 cars at random, what is the probability that we select exactly 4 SUVs?

Probability question [ 1 Answers ]

A box has 4 defective video tapes and 6 good video tapes. If two tapes are selected at random, what is the probability that they are both good?

Probability question [ 0 Answers ]

The probability that a battery in non-defective is 0.94. If two batteries are selected at random, what is the probability that both are defective?

Probability question [ 0 Answers ]

A certain drug to relieve stress produces side effects in 4%of patients. Three patients who have taken the drug are selected at random. Find the probability that they all have side effects.

View more questions Search