Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarthak876 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2012, 12:08 PM
    Girlfriend's birthday gift in low budget--please suggest
    I have only 500 rps note and I am not able to think that what should I give her in this budget? PLEASE SUGGEST

Actually, we both are studying in a college at Delhi University( India). We are in relationship form past 18 months, last year too I gifted her a very large teddy bear for that I worked for a month thus I was able to give her that as a surprise.. I really love a lot my baby.
    This year too I worked hard for three months giving tuitions at someone's coaching center but the owner is a big a fraud I get to know later and I doesn't get a penny and there is no chance in future that I will get my pay as the center is on rent ,his cell number is off now so I can't do anything about it. She knows this. I have big plans this have not been happened. But still.

I have thought some ideas please suggest me more based on these or any unique one, I just want to surprise her and I HAVE ONLY AND ONLY THIS 500 RPS NOTE( this is my whole month pocket money now god only knows how will I spent this month. She said recently that she wants any inspirational book that can change her life so I am thinking about Anupam khair's new out "The best about you is you !" but it is very unromantic to giving a book to your girlfriend on her most special day of the year for her (in my view at least).

She likes Sonu nigam songs too much and a big fan of SRK too. She like to do sketching A LOT, I am thinking to give her a big sketch book and a good sketching pencil set. Its like a big sheets and a professional set of sketching ( maybe its unromantic too) but I don't know what it exactly called and also where I can find it in Delhi in this budget.. (A little can be pushed if parents would give any for Holi)

An idea also I get that publish a calendar which have her photos on each month but again don't know where I would find this in New Delhi in this rate and only one calendar I need to publish so soon. She likes cakes a lot and south Indian food too, but cake will be ordered to her home every year so that is no use to give cake. I want to give her something that she cherish all her life. Also suggest if in Delhi at any place (preferably have metro connectivity) any pocket friendly food joint that have awesome food (vegetarian only).

Please suggest any other gift ideas also. I really want to look happiness in her eyes on that day. Please help me. Please god help me, I need you here, I really want to make her day.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2012, 10:33 PM
    It's the thought that counts, and I am sure she will appreciate what you can afford. If you simply must have a more expensive gift, the borrow from your family.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2012, 12:54 PM
    I don't know what 500 rps can buy since I have never been to India. But the way you are asking I am going to treat it as it not being that much. Talaniman is right, even though I am not allowed to give him any more reputation for some weird issue.

However, buy her something that she will like, how about taking her out to dinner, or taking her to watch a movie. Sometimes the best gifts, the priceless ones, are the ones that come free, but with a lot of emotion.
    AbbyCat Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2012, 10:20 AM

First, I'm sure she knows your financial problems and will not be expecting anything espensive. If the book is what she wants and it is within you ability to buy it, I would do so. Giving her something you know she wants means you are listening to her and caring about what she says. That is romantic! If you can and the weather is good plan a small picnic with the kind of food she likes, pick a romantic place, bring her a few flowers, even just one rose or other beautiful flower is just fine. Wrap the book and lay the flower on it with a note that says something romantic, such as "You are the flower of my heart", "You are more beautiful than this rose". I'm sure you can think of something special to say. Good luck.
    AbbyCat Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2012, 10:32 AM
    Never ever borrow money to buy a gift. Every time you see the gift you will be wondering how to pay back what you borrowed. MMRESD has it right. Small things, given from the heart, are the most meaningful. My husband put my engagement ring in a box of Cracker Jacks (candy covered popcorn). Try a small poem. You might be surprised at what you have say. Below is a suggestion, just to give you ideas.

I haven't money to buy all that I want to give you
    I haven't words to express what is in my heart.
    But I give to you everything I have to give
    A heart full of love for the angel in my life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birthday Gift [ 3 Answers ]

Hey all! My birthday is after tomorrow (30th of March) and my parents are waiting for me to decide what I really want for my birthday, but I still don't know. I would like you guys to help me and choose from the list below: What do you think is suitable for a girl my age (13)? 1. Gold: like a...

Birthday gift [ 4 Answers ]

What is packed but never stuffed? What comes in but doesn't go out? How much does a bowling ball weigh?

Birthday gift! [ 2 Answers ]

What should I buy or plan for my boyfriend who just turned 19 and is a Capricorn?

Birthday gift [ 2 Answers ]

Its my friends birthday. She's turning 15 and I have no idea what to get her without spending over $25

View more questions Search