Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    apothecaryjane Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2012, 11:36 AM
    How can I be a good girlfriend in Middle School?
    I'm in middle school, and I have my first boyfriend (I'm a girl). I wanted to be a good girlfriend, because I really like him. I don't plan on going far with anything (kissing is about the limit). I suppose I should give you some background info, to help you answer my question.

• He was one of my best friends before we were dating, and he still is now. He tells me everything, and I do the same to him. Honestly, I'd trust him with my life.
    • He asked me out, and I think he really likes me.
    • I'm not allowed to go on any "real" dates (i.e. Anything alone). We can go on group dates, but there has to be at least one other friend with us at ALL times.
    • I'm a tom-boy. I'm friends with all the guys and so is he, so I'm friends with his friends, so to speak.
    • We haven't ever gone on a date (we just started dating only a few days ago).
    • He's not a super huggy guy. Like, he doesn't hug people. He says it's "not his thing." I'm a huggy girl and I like being physically close to my friends. In other words, I like hugs and hand-holding and whatever. Still, I'm fine if he doesn't. I just need another way to show affection, I guess. I don't want to tell him I love him yet, because even if I did, it would just be weird... We've kissed before, but only because we were dared to.

Also, what kind of dates are appropriate for middle schoolers? Please, don't say middle school isn't a good time for dating. You're totally entitled to your own opinion, but I don't really need to hear it in the context of this question. Anyway, what are good dates for us? My best girlfriend (friend who is a girl) and her boyfriend (one of my very close friends also) offered to go on a double-date to a movie with us. Maybe biking or walking or going to the sandwich shop near my school?

Thank you so much for answering!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 15, 2012, 11:42 AM
    As "relationships" are such transient affairs at this age just enjoy your time and don't try over analysing things too much.

Go with the flow and have fun.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 11:58 AM
    What are your parents saying about you dating? Do they like this boy or even know him?

At this age especially, guys are not cuddlers or hand-holders. They won't catch up with girls as to emotional maturity until they are in their 20s. In other words, don't expect a storybook romance for a few years.

It's good that you are a tomboy. If you can talk with guys about sports and cars and be able to listen intelligently to and sort through their conversations and comments about school and parents and hopes and dreams, you'll do fine as you wade into the dating world.
    axdwdrgc Posts: 86, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2012, 12:02 AM
    At my school, what most middle schoolers consider dating is walking to a Starbucks that is across the street from the school (the girls school because most of the relations ships are between all girl and all boy brother/sister schools). Maybe you could go the a shop or something within walking distance from the school if your parents allow, cause then you can walk together. Biking or. Hiking would be good. I just suggest anywhere that is just relaxed and fun.
    Hoped this helped :) :) :)
    lovesaver2231 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
    Just act like yourself if its meant to be it will be :) and really anywhere can be romantic like hanging out at your house or even hanging out at school really. Just don't be to clingy and give him his space every once in awhile. Im in 7th grade and I have had the same boyfriend for 3 years, yeah so if he is not a hugging person in which is not very common but if he is then find other ways to show affection like maybe attempt to hold his hand and if all works well, he will really like it. If he is not a n affectionate person maybe it will be okay every once in a while maybe like ever Monday after the weekend to show him that you missed him. Also every little break you have you should also invite him over for a few hours, after a few months in to the relationship every now and then let him know how much he means to you don't be to mushy though cause you don't want things to be awkward between you 2. Also a little tip hanging out with boys is one of the best thing you can do because that is one of the many ways to stay " drama free " cause guys don't always like when their girlfriend is being called names and rumors are spreading like wildfires, if he does not love you at that point he will most likely dump you because he is embarrassed so yeah I really hoped I helped good luck with your relationship and P.S : this is good advice for any relationship in middle school
    icalldibs123456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 03:44 PM
    Middle school dating isn't so serious my boyfriend in Middle school was nothing like my boyfriend in 12th grade now. In middle school we just went to school football games and enjoyed ourselves we didn't hold hands or kiss that's too overrated. WE HAD FUN! Don't expect your dating to last so long.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a girlfriend in middle school [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm in middle school and I like this girl. But she already has a boyfriend. I kind of like her sister too. But I'm too nervous to ask her out. What should I do?

Middle school [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I'm in middle school and I haven't had my first kiss yet... and like almos all of my friends have :( what should I do? How do I get my first kiss? :(

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

Middle school [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I am starting middle school and I am so worried I have a lot of questions so I will shoot them. How do you get in detention? What is study hall? How will you get to class if your class is on one side of the school and your locker is on the other, and you promised your friend that you would talk...

Who goes to middle school! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey people that go or used to to raymond middle school, Here is some questions for you. Are people in groups every where? What do YOU do after you get done with your lunch? What kinds of lockers do you guys have? And last but not least do u have proms or dances? I will post more for you guys later...

View more questions Search