Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JenniferRenee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 11:57 AM
    I need my 401 k money now--how do I get it?
    I got laid off from my job 3 yrs ago and now I could really use my 401k to help with bills. There probably isn't much in there at all but anything helps at this point. Where do I find out how much I have and how do I get it. I don't care about penalties and all that stuff I definitely just want my money and as soon as possible. Please help me find it and get it. Thank you
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 12:33 PM
    You should be receiving quarterly statements in the mail from the 401(k) plan administrator that tells you how much is in the account and how to contact them. If you have moved in the past 3 years and failed to notify them of your new address then I would suggest either (a) looking through your old financial records to see if you have any old statements, or (b) calling the HR department at your old job and asking who to contact.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 09:13 PM
    Assuming you have not moved or if you did move you gave them you new address, ebaines is correct, you should be getting quarterly ( or at least a annual report) you should have gotten a year end report at this tax time. But you can contact the company you worked for and get who the admin is of the plan. Also you could look at your prior years tax returns and see who it is though perhaps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is that song that goes like we stuntin that money money money money [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of that rap song that goes like we stuntin that money money money money

If employee dies before paying back 401 k can spouse repay 401 k [ 3 Answers ]

My husband took a loan from his 401K a month or two before he died. The repayment was scheduled through his payroll deductions. Is it advisable for me to repay the loan in full OR can I make monthly payments to the loan as he had been doing OR just continue with the 401K minus what was borrowed?

401 k money [ 2 Answers ]

How much tax do you have to pay back when you take money out of your 401k plan using it for closing costs on a house.

How can I get my money out of my 401(k) [ 9 Answers ]

I am 30 yrs. Old and working. I am 100% vested in my 401(k) and have had the product for 9 or 10 years. I need to take the money out of the fund and use it for other purposes. There isn't a lot of money in the account (about 5500), and I took out a loan a little over a year ago on it and still...

View more questions Search